I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoemo whinywhiny journal about family :cute:

2 posters

Go down

Emoemo whinywhiny journal about family :cute: Empty Emoemo whinywhiny journal about family :cute:

Post by Heartswell. Sat 20 Dec 2008, 6:02 pm

This is a bit of a sad journal about my family and the revelations I had today about them after a long talk with my mom in the car.
And here's what I realized: in my family the roles are reversed.
Mom's playing dad and dad's playing mom. Mom's holding up two jobs and dad's retired (basically he does nothing more than sit in the basement, go out to his friends' place -or to the 'dewaniya' to be more exact, which is a place where guys ususally sit and talk about stuff late at night, sort of the arabian equlivant for 'guys night out' except that it's usually everynight -or at a certain night- and in some guy's place- and pick us up from school. He runs errands for us from time to time though).

My new revelation about my family is that my own family -when/if I get married- will probably turn out like this. I understand my dad's persona 'cause I'm the same as him. Always cooped up in my room, don't know nothing about what's going on within the house, and sleeping. _ . I mean seriously, at times one of my siblings gets rushed to the hospital and I'd know the next day and by accident. _ .
Dad rarely speaks to us -unless he's picking us up from the car- and I just realized -today infact- that my mom just yearns for family affection. That why she always takes us out, calls us to lunch, dinner and breakfast at weekends and gets so pissy when one of us doesn't want to go out with the others. And it just makes me want to cry 'cause I always keep refusing to go out and I know now who I took after >_< .
I'm scared that their relationship will worsen and things go downhill since they're barely talking anymore and I'm just fucking terrified. I hate times like these, I really do. Once, they fought cause of a stupid thing I did which led in my sister's being hurt and dad accusing mom that she didn't pay enough attention to her -like he did [/sarcasm] and it's just... ugh. I kept thinking if I didn't do that thing and if I was less of a jerkoff that this whole thing wouldn't have happened (which is still true).

Mom told me 'a good woman never tells her house's secrets' today and yeah, it's kinda true. But fuck, dad's not that social, not really, like me. And moreover I can exactly see where my future relationships are going to crumble.

So yeah, needed to vent there. Wouldn't be grand to be a kid again and just have them hide those things from you or you just don't notice them to begin with?

(PS: now Kuwait's internet is fucked AGAIN T_T one of the cables in Italy connecting to wherever is busted and we have to suffer, WHEE! you have pleased him)
Heartswell.
Heartswell.
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 637

Back to top Go down

Emoemo whinywhiny journal about family :cute: Empty Re: Emoemo whinywhiny journal about family :cute:

Post by Galileo Figaro Sun 21 Dec 2008, 8:13 pm

I know what you mean. My family has major issues too, all four of us, actually. :/

About your mom, you realise now what it is she wants, and why she wants it. It's reallyreally good that you did, so maybe now you could change it up a little and go out with her a little more? (: I bet it would make things a lot easier for everyone, you included, since you won't feel guilty.

Imo, right, not speaking is better than fighting all the time. Just saying.

People say you're not supposed to tell this stuff to other people, that they're family, blah blah blah, but not many actually follow that. If you need to talk, you need to talk, period.

Being a kid was the best thing ever, and not one of us realised it then. :/
Galileo Figaro
Galileo Figaro
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1038

http://anothermessedupkid.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down