GSA.

Go down

GSA.

Post by tea-boy. on Tue 29 Sep 2009, 2:32 am

I'm part of GSA this year (Gay-Straight-Alliance) and it's really fun so far.
There's a huge holdback though; only seven people joined.
It's kind of sad that we had to put a GIANT notice of the board saying "The S is for straight!!!!!!!"
Like, come the fuck on, why does everyone think that you'll turn queer if you join GSA? :/
OOOOOO IMMA INFECT YOU WITH MY DEADLY DISEASE OF GAYNESS OOOOOOO.
HEARD OF H1N1? THIS IS H1GAY1 BEWAREEEE OOOOOO.
Like, seriously people? T_____T We're in fucking high school, get a grip.
I understand the stigma and the fear of joining if your straight, but come on.
1)It's not contagious.
2)It's not social suicide.
3)It's not a bad thing.
I've seriously heard some people talking about protesting to get it shut down.
Fucking bullshit.
Ugh.

The funny part was that we wanted to put sign up saying: "pretty much all guys love blowjobs, why does it matter who they're from?" And under it in bigger print we were going to put "pretty much all people like love, so why does it matter who it's between?" or something along that line. But the teacher said no. lol@chu

But anyway, yeah, a little rant.
avatar
tea-boy.
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2508
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile http://delusionaldreamer2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: GSA.

Post by gloria- on Tue 29 Sep 2009, 3:25 am

dude...you're in high school. get used to bullshit like that.

high school is not any better than where you were before. honestly, it's worse.

_________________
avatar
gloria-
Literary Mentor

Female
Number of posts : 1860
Age : 26
Location : murder city.

View user profile http://tinkerbell.21.forumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: GSA.

Post by Jack Skellington on Tue 29 Sep 2009, 4:45 am

lmao I like the idea. "Guys like blowjobs."

LOL@CHUUU

But it's really sad to see such homophobia in high schools.
avatar
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690
Age : 23
Location : The Wood Between Holidays

View user profile http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: GSA.

Post by rolo on Tue 29 Sep 2009, 4:52 am

ignorant people like that make me wanna choke someone.
i haven't been in school, but i want to join even though my parents hate that stuff.
it's bullshit, definitely.
avatar
rolo
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 931
Age : 24
Location : phantomhive manor.

View user profile http://rolomflurry.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: GSA.

Post by tea-boy. on Tue 29 Sep 2009, 5:37 am

gloria- wrote:dude...you're in high school. get used to bullshit like that.
high school is not any better than where you were before. honestly, it's worse.
I'm a sophomore. lol@chu
But yeah, I know.
People usually mature SOMEWHAT, though.
It's just annoying that they still act like three year olds.
avatar
tea-boy.
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2508
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile http://delusionaldreamer2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: GSA.

Post by gloria- on Tue 29 Sep 2009, 6:47 am

artwork. wrote:
gloria- wrote:dude...you're in high school. get used to bullshit like that.
high school is not any better than where you were before. honestly, it's worse.
I'm a sophomore. lol@chu
But yeah, I know.
People usually mature SOMEWHAT, though.
It's just annoying that they still act like three year olds.
people get more petty as they get older, more set in their ways. even the difference between sophomores and seniors is huge.

_________________
avatar
gloria-
Literary Mentor

Female
Number of posts : 1860
Age : 26
Location : murder city.

View user profile http://tinkerbell.21.forumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: GSA.

Post by LightningRod on Tue 29 Sep 2009, 2:21 pm

gloria- wrote:
artwork. wrote:
gloria- wrote:dude...you're in high school. get used to bullshit like that.
high school is not any better than where you were before. honestly, it's worse.
I'm a sophomore. lol@chu
But yeah, I know.
People usually mature SOMEWHAT, though.
It's just annoying that they still act like three year olds.
people get more petty as they get older, more set in their ways. even the difference between sophomores and seniors is huge.

Precisely.
You're going too find it very hard to convince straight people to get involved in a group like that.
Although that blowjob thing was quite funny though. ALTHOUGH I WOULD CARE WHO GAVE ME ONE NOT COOL
avatar
LightningRod
Red Scare

Male
Number of posts : 601
Age : 28
Location : Anaheim, CA

View user profile http://www.deviantart.com/mokujinken.

Back to top Go down

Re: GSA.

Post by LADIES AND GENTLEMEN on Tue 29 Sep 2009, 5:27 pm

What the fuck. I understand people not joining - unfortunately, being gay still has a lot of social stigma attached - but protesting to get it shut down is ridiculous and un-called for. Jesus, coming out in high-school is hard enough as it is; why would you make it even MORE difficult by taking away these kids' outlet?

but take it from me - high school is a concentrated version of the real world. obviously prejudice will always exist, to some extent, but it'll become much more distilled when you're out in the workplace or in university/college. I figure it's a combination of hormones and the fact that people, in general, have to work via pecking order, and in a place like high school, that's far more pronounced, because of the high emphasis placed on social food chains.

still, it's awesome that you're a part of it (: are you guys hosting any events? you could try and do some fun things to get more straight people involved, and make them realise that the whole thing is about acceptance. I'm sure there's plenty of people who would join if they weren't to afraid of the reaction from their peers. heaps of people at my school were totally okay with homosexuality, but too afraid to defend it because they were afraid they'd be bullied by association.

_________________

avatar
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Administrator.

Male
Number of posts : 3875
Age : 26
Location : living the street rat nightlife

View user profile http://mformikey.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: GSA.

Post by tea-boy. on Wed 30 Sep 2009, 12:25 am

They haven't actually protested yet; they were just talking about doing it. I doubt they will because there's a (fake) acceptance policy here that the school has to cover their ass from being sued.

Yeah, I understand that it's just the real world in a smaller fish bowl, but it doesn't stop me from wishing it was different. :/

Well, we haven't really planned anything besides a movie night yet. We're still deciding between Milk, Brokeback, and Were The World Mine. We have a semi-popular jock that's joining this year and if we get his approval we're going to put up signs around the school that say: "____ is a real man, he goes to GSA" or something like that. We need more people though because having seven people is honestly ridiculous. We might not even be a club if it continues with this trend. The new freshman class coming in is ridiculously homophobic and most of the club is juniors now, so after next year they're gone and they'll only be like two people in the club. :///
avatar
tea-boy.
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2508
Age : 24
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile http://delusionaldreamer2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: GSA.

Post by LADIES AND GENTLEMEN on Wed 30 Sep 2009, 4:42 pm

That's awful D: do you have any teachers on your side?

But it's true, about the "real man" thing. It takes so much more courage to accept each other for who we are than it takes to make a snide remark. If you say something petty and mean about a gay kid, you have the reassurance that everyone else will snicker alone with you. If someone else says it, you laugh along like it's something clever and original. It's protection. It's cowardice. As long as you're down with everyone else, you're not up on the stand having insults hurled at you like stones. It takes guts to be yourself.

I think the most important thing is making people see that. Making them realise that sometimes, protecting themselves isn't as important as protecting other people. And they're not the only one standing up; there's a group there for a reason. Sure, it's moving from the majority to a minority, but there's always safety in numbers. If you're campaigning, I'd go for trying to make people realise how they'd feel, if they were a gay teen being treated the way they unwittingly treat others. It might seem scary to stand up for someone, but it's even scarier BEING that someone and not having anyone stand up for you.

I dont know, I'm just rambling a little. (: but I'm super glad you're involved with it. And I hope the ~jock~ guy joining works out, because hopefully a move like that will make people realise there's really nothing to be afraid of.


tbh I've never understood straight guys being afraid of gay guys, anyway. a) if they're egotistical enough to assume I want them, then they are NOT my type and b) even if I DID crack onto someone, do they seriously think they couldn't beat me away? I'M LIKE A SMALL, FLUFFY ANIMAL FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

it seriously makes no sense.

_________________

avatar
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Administrator.

Male
Number of posts : 3875
Age : 26
Location : living the street rat nightlife

View user profile http://mformikey.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: GSA.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum