I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

December 9th 2007: Best Day Ever

Go down

December 9th 2007: Best Day Ever Empty December 9th 2007: Best Day Ever

Post by Galileo Figaro Wed 09 Dec 2009, 4:31 pm

Dear everyone,

Today is the two-year anniversary of my MCR show. Exactly two years ago, Gerard, Mikey, Frank and Ray actually set foot on Malaysian soil and breathed our polluted KL air and played a show for us. My dad came with me because my friends are kind of fail. I hate crowds and made it through the whole set without passing out through sheer willpower.

That night, I saw my heroes perform. (The term 'saw' being used very loosely, since I'm frickin' short and there were frickin' tall Caucasians in front of me.) They played songs that mean a whole lot to me, and listening to the CD was never the same again after that. Cancer was amazing. Everything was pitch-black and the only light came from behind Gerard as he stood all alone on the stage, singing to us; like a star, in more ways than one. Famous Last Words gave me the best feeling ever, even though I knew it was the last song. They opened with This is How I Disappear, and everyone went absolutely nuts.

Sorry. I can't get my thoughts in order right now. Watching YouTube vids from that night. Dnsukndsjkdere those guys are amazing.

Unless you've been to one, you wouldn't quite get the experience of going to a concert by your absolute favourite band. It was heaven, it was hell -- awe-inspiring, either way. It was my first, you know? I'm glad they were the ones to pop my concert-going cherry.

I know I'm going through all sorts of phases right now, music-wise, but I never did stop loving them. They mean a lot to me, and no newcomer's going to change that. I do still Keep the Faith, if only on the inside. They make me happy, and I'm glad that they still do.

- Jan

P.S. I saw Frank on the front cover of Alternative Press and read the article on them. Now I'm even more excited for their new album.
Galileo Figaro
Galileo Figaro
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1038

http://anothermessedupkid.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum