Languages.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Languages.

Post by zero on Wed 01 Oct 2008, 7:16 pm

So. I hope this goes on here. LMFAOOO

Which ones do you know, did you study any of them, which language are you better at and... just anything about these little suckers.

I know English in the homeland's Tagalog. Shame, actually. I'm better at English and I like it better. I suck at talking with it and I sound weird whenever I do. -_-"

English wasn't my first language, obv. But I knew how to talk it since I was three. LMFAOOO Started talking when I was eleven months old. [/smug] -special keed- pedo y/y? My mother taught me, and then school and everything, it just grew on to me, I guess.

Discusssssssss.
zero
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1813

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Languages.

Post by gloria- on Thu 02 Oct 2008, 1:51 am

i speak english, spanish, and french.

spanish is by far my favourite language. i think it's beautiful. maybe that's because i lived in spain and loved it.
i sincerely dislike french. but maybe that's because i don't like france.

and english is english. ehh.

Female
Number of posts : 1860

View user profile http://tinkerbell.21.forumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by belle of the boulevard. on Thu 02 Oct 2008, 2:45 am

english, spanish and french.
planning on a language degree. (:
belle of the boulevard.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1912

View user profile http://www.twitter.com/hellopolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartswell. on Thu 02 Oct 2008, 2:54 am

I speak Arabic [first language], English, a bit of french and some Spanish. you have pleased him
I love English the most, tbh. I studied it since I was like in the first grade and come to love it over the years that it became my major [English Translation]. I can speak English fluently, even have an American accent LMFAOOO
I'm a better writer in English than in Arabic, my mind flows better in it >_> Arabic tends to be a bit stiff for me and the images I use.
I studied French for two courses in highschool but it's getting rusty and I studied Spanish last semester in Uni and I really come to like the language.

I'm planning to study/learn Japanese and Italian at some point in my life lol@chu

Last edited by Heartswell. on Thu 02 Oct 2008, 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistake/nazi :con:)
Heartswell.
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 637

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tony stark on Thu 02 Oct 2008, 9:30 pm

Scraped a C in French
I know a bit of German
And a tiny bit of Japanese which I picked up from Heroes :/

I'm not very good with them tbh, I'm supposedly gifted but I'm too lazy to put them into practice
tony stark
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 368

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bittersweet. on Fri 03 Oct 2008, 1:59 am

I'm fluent in English (my native, obv LMFAOOO)...and I know bits and pieces of dozens of languages. I'm in French class, but I probably know Spanish best...at least enough to get by.

I'm really bad with learning languages. I know most things are far more descriptive than English, but I could just never know them well enough to write in them...I dunno.

Last edited by Mrs. Melting Crayons on Fri 03 Oct 2008, 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SMILEY FAIL.)

bittersweet.
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by proust. on Sat 04 Oct 2008, 1:19 pm

I'm fluent in English too! i r pleased.
I'm taking my Cambridge CAE exam this March and I'm also in a bilingual-class with intensive teaching for English, so when I finish high school I'll have an English-translator certificate provided I write a dissertation on English culture and civilization -I've picked the American Dream in literature as a subject : ). I think my English is fine yet not brilliant, I need to improve my vocabulary a lot. I don't know what I'm going to do in college but an option would be Comparative Literature and English -here if you're doing languages/literature you do one major and up to three minors. But Spanish Literature and Classical Languages sound tempting too. Anyway, I think I owe my knowledge of the English language to cartoon network, when I was a kid the shows weren't translated.

Then I had the fortune -and misfortune- of being born ''at heaven's mouth'', in Romania, thus Daco-Romanian in its Transylvanian sub-dialect is my native language. ^__^ It has its ups and downs. It's a relatively small language -with not so many words- rather young as a literary language and spoken but a bunch-full of people. But I do love my language and try to write as good as I can in it, I don't think I have the necessary vocabulary to write decently in English yet. Romanian is also a very Latin language, if I can say so. Most of the words are derived from Latin, so it's fairy easy to learn other Romanic languages. Italian for example. Well, no-one really learns Italian because even if you talk in Romanian to an Italian he's going to understand it. Spanish is a bit more complicated but Spanish soap-operas are everywhere and everyone watches them and there are many people here who go to work in Spain for a year or two and then come back. I only know enough Spanish to translate Borges poems and stories and, for now, it's honestly enough for me.

We're also a francophone country, everyone knows a bit of French. I've been taking it for eight years but I still can barely read and talk. But I've started to read more and more in French and I hope I'll improve. I also do Latin in school, but I only know basic grammar and a very basic set of words.

Of course I'd love to learn exotic languages like Sanskrit, Arabic, Yiddish or Danish. But I probably never will. I really want to pick up a bit of Hungarian because the region I live in has an important Hungarian minority and there are many areas in the country were the population is exclusively Hungarian and it's shameful that I don't understand a word from it.
proust.
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 385

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by makoto kino. on Thu 09 Oct 2008, 6:25 am

I know English whatnow? O_O

I can pick up different bits in Italian from my nona and dad, and I did a year of French, plus extra out of school study of it, but nothing I remember any more.
makoto kino.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1932

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lyrical_mess on Thu 16 Oct 2008, 12:04 am

I speak English. Duh.

Um...I speak a bit of Hindi, but its not my first language and I barely passed it in 10th grade. My first language is Telugu and I speak both English and Telugu pretty well. Because I grew up in New Jersey, see.

I speak a little French. I speak a little Spanish. Enough to get by if I ever have to go to Spain. "Donde esta el bano?"
lyrical_mess
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 519

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by we are invincible. on Thu 16 Oct 2008, 11:46 am

I can't speak or write a word of English. you dont matter.

I know a little French. I have a test where we have to write a minimum of sixty words about ourselves. Gon be hard whatnow? O_O
we are invincible.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1272

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by the lover. on Sun 19 Oct 2008, 12:43 am

English is my first language but I can speak French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese. I would really love to learn some super awesome language like Japanese, especially because no one around here knows it.
the lover.
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 661

View user profile http://kaydoubleyou.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pikawho? on Mon 20 Oct 2008, 3:49 am

I can speak English. gtfo over yourself, Though I think it is the most complicated and down right stupid language ever. It is so freaking illogical and just random rules and exceptions of the rules. T_T
I'm also learning German because it is probably my favorite language. lol@chu And it amuses me because if you yell any phrase in German it sounds angry and like you want to kill someone. XD
pikawho?
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 550

View user profile http://pikaawho.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bittersweet. on Mon 20 Oct 2008, 4:05 am

pika wrote:I can speak English. gtfo over yourself, Though I think it is the most complicated and down right stupid language ever. It is so freaking illogical and just random rules and exceptions of the rules. T_T

-nods-
It's rather insane. I'm kind of glad that I learned it first, since those are second nature to me now. But I kind of wish I'd been born somewhere else...in most places in America, there's zero teaching of second languages until we're teenagers and far past the age we can learn them easily.

bittersweet.
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 522

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galileo Figaro on Mon 17 Nov 2008, 3:07 pm

English is actually my first language, even though my native language is Malay. Tbh, my Malay pretty much sucks. I struggle like mad to speak it, so I never get all A's for my oral tests. lol@chu

I've been for Chinese classes since I was like... *thinks* Six. And I can't for the life of me speak it still. I'm way pathetic. LMFAOOO
Galileo Figaro
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1038

View user profile http://anothermessedupkid.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by makoto kino. on Mon 24 Nov 2008, 1:23 pm

me no speaky english
makoto kino.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1932

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by belle of the boulevard. on Tue 09 Dec 2008, 1:39 am

chatspeakers don't, obv -_-
belle of the boulevard.
Leading by Example

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo on Tue 09 Dec 2008, 5:04 am

I know how to say fuck you in Finnish. whatnow? O_O

And write in SOME Japanese.
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2291

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/_tragic_with_a_capital_T_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkle on Tue 09 Dec 2008, 6:11 am

I speak Croatian, Serbian, English and a bit of Italian and French.

Last edited by Sparkle on Sun 14 Dec 2008, 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ugh. To 'chill' it down a notch. -.- Sorri. I tend to add unneccesery things.)
Sparkle
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 25
Location : In your heart and on your mind. I will be waiting in the city of destiny.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by belle of the boulevard. on Sat 13 Dec 2008, 11:53 pm

i know how to say "i want to make love to you" in italian.
belle of the boulevard.
Leading by Example

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by belle of the boulevard. on Sat 13 Dec 2008, 11:54 pm

Sparkle wrote:I speak Croatian, Serbian, English and a bit of Italian and French.
I also speak crazy.
WEEE!
<3
i LOVE this site. lolz

the final section of this wasn't really necessary/appropriate.

please could we keep it toned down next time?
belle of the boulevard.
Leading by Example

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by femmefatal on Sun 28 Dec 2008, 11:48 pm

I speak English and am learning spanish in school

I'm trying to teach myself latin and it is a very interesting language because of the way you determine the role of a noun through declensions.

meaning there are stems and endings for nouns as well as for verbs

the order of words in a sentence isn't what determines the subject, object, etc., it is the spelling
femmefatal
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Skellington on Mon 29 Dec 2008, 2:12 am

I speak English and sarcasm fluently.

I'm learning French. :]
I'm good at French though, I mean I know enough to go to Morocco with my school. 8DDDDD
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690

View user profile http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by THE BRIGHTSIDE. on Sun 11 Jan 2009, 4:20 pm

I learnt German for four years.

I hated every minute of it. I mean, the subject's okay, the language isn't anything particularly pretty and I was good at it, but the teacher was a wanker.

Giant waste of time. And to think I was going to continue it in year 11 and 12. T_T
THE BRIGHTSIDE.
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 286

View user profile http://bjbrightside.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LightningRod on Thu 05 Feb 2009, 6:29 pm

Right.
Well, been born and bred in the UK I'm very fluent at English but also because of that I do tend to slip up a lot when it comes to grammar and things...stupid dialects lol@chu

I learned French since Years 7 through to 11, got the B and gave up. Too many silent letters for my liking. German on the other hand. I started in Year 8 and am taking it for my second year of A-Level and planning on studying it as a Open Unit at University you have pleased him.
I can comprehend some Italian, Swedish and Spanish. I had self taught myself Japanese but forgot everything, tried learning again and gave up.

Last edited by Matthew Lewis on Thu 05 Feb 2009, 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thus my point was proven, I mispelt something :tehe:)
LightningRod
Red Scare

Male
Number of posts : 601

View user profile http://www.deviantart.com/mokujinken.

Back to top Go down

Post by Isis on Fri 20 Feb 2009, 5:35 am

Well, I've been taught French since I was probably 7 or 8. I really hate French, though. I have my French I and II credits, and I made good grades in it, but it sucks. I hate the language, and I don't remember anything. I only learned what I needed to pass with an A.

I took German I last year and am currently taking German II. I really love German. I'm pretty good with grammar in general, and I love that I understand a lot of German grammar. I don't know what it is about it, but I just absolutely adore German.

I took Latin I last semester, and I really liked it. Well, the language. The teacher was completely annoying and stupid, but I love the language. I found it simple, and I liked the fact that unlike French and German, even, I can translate as quickly as I can read the words in Latin. I liked seeing the root words and understanding it so well.

I never want to learn Spanish. Like French, it's just not a language I'm interested in. whatnow? O_O

German is my favorite foreign language, but I really love English the most.
Isis
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 186

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/isis375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: