OliDreams.
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Languages.

Post by lyrical_mess on Sun 08 Mar 2009, 12:35 am

You know, between French and Spanish, Spanish is way easier to pronounce. French is a lot like English with all the silent letters and random consonant blends.
lyrical_mess
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 519

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sullen riot. on Wed 22 Apr 2009, 7:52 pm

Fluent in English and Chinese (two dialects, mandarin and cantonese), and I took 3 years of French. I barely remember most of it now though. whatnow? O_O Although I can order food and talk to cab drivers and stuff.

I want to learn Japanese, cause every time I go to Japan (quite a bit, cause it's pretty close), people think I'm Japanese and come up and talk jabber to me... It's kind of embarrassing when I just stand there stupidly and say "Um.. sorry.. hello.. bye".
sullen riot.
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 613

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken. on Sun 26 Apr 2009, 12:14 am

omg i know EXACTLY what you're tlkin abt. when i went to japan on exchange with my school the first time i went was in year 8 and i barely knew anything seriously and when i went shopping the first time i went to the cash register (at the 100yen daiso shop lol@chu ) the lady started speakin japanese to me and i was like ?!?!?! WAKARIMASEN (i don't understand(for those of you who don't know)) well obviously i know more now lol and there were many other cases at the school where some teachers were yelling at me cause they thought i was a student and wasn't wearing school uniform THAT WAS THE MOST FUNNIEST TIME EVER!!! haha
p.s i speak cantonese also Very Happy
Broken.
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 237

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by extraordinary machine. on Fri 08 May 2009, 7:22 pm

I was forced to learn French from grade 2 to grade 9 (because its the law in Ontario, or all of Canada, I'm not sure which one). I passed, so I'm not doing it ever again.
Uh, I have family who speak Spanish. I've never been arsed to learn, but I can understand it...somewhat.

Oh well, I'm just glad I can speak English properly.
extraordinary machine.
Leading by Example

Number of posts : 1042

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/icangetjiggywithit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum