I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Characters.

5 posters

Go down

Favourite Characters. Empty Favourite Characters.

Post by rock and/or roll Thu 29 Jan 2009, 9:03 pm

Totally stole this idea from Isa's thread on meebs. gtfo over yourself, Should this be here, y/n?

Anyways...

What are your favourite characters you've come up with, whether they be original or fanfic?

Why are they your favourite characters?

How do you create your characters? Do you use character sheets or anything like that?

I have a few favourite characters.
Shannon Way is definitely one of them. He has some pretty unlikeable characteristics (he's way too sure of himself, way too sexual and starts arguments with Mikey just 'cause) but most people who read the story like him or have a like/hate feeling towards him. He genuinely cares about his brothers (even if he was jealous of Mikey to begin with) but doesn't show it as much as he should. He enjoys conflict to an extent, but can become childish if things don't go his way. He's smart and sometimes sneaky. He's also very casual when it comes to relationships; the longest he's been in a relationship was about a month; he values his relationships with family way WAY more than his relationships with anyone else. If he did follow a mantra, it'd most likely be, "Bros before hoes" or something like that. XD

Evangeline Jeffries, or Evan for short. She's just...her. She doesn't try to be someone else because she knows that even though some of her habits (smoking cigarettes and drinking) bother her girlfriend, Amelia, that Amelia doesn't want her to change. It's the annoying things and flaws that shape who she is. She swears a lot and likes music, because it can calm her and take her to another place (the story starts with her and Amelia listening to a random jazz record in the basement). She skips school, but still manages reasonable grades. She's sarcastic and has a sense of humor. She hates it when people take things too seriously.

I didn't really use character sheets for either to begin with (I've filled in about a quarter of one for Evan). I just write really, and, as I do, new characteristics come to mind; Evan likes seaweed crackers, she takes an Art class with Amelia...etc.

Shannon was much the same. The story opens with Shannon trying to get in Frank's pants by pretending to be Gerard so...that kind of sets the tone of his character. I've also answered questions as Shannon.

...that's all for now.
rock and/or roll
rock and/or roll
Literary Mentor

Female
Number of posts : 860

Back to top Go down

Favourite Characters. Empty Re: Favourite Characters.

Post by THE BRIGHTSIDE. Sun 01 Feb 2009, 3:29 am

Kotie Evington from Parallel Minds (original).
She's my favourite because she has flaws, flaws that she herself recognises and places her higher than a lot of my other characters who are oblivious to them. She frustrates people with her bluntness, and her close mindedness with her opinions - in some ways she thinks she's better than those around her, but has low self esteem at the same time and thinks she's a horrible person. She's an interesting character - not too interesting to be unbelieveable or clearly made up, but interesting enough to be different and more than simply one-dimensional.

I usually don't use character sheets, just when I'm writing a story a blank character comes into my head for moulding, and it gets addictive as I start shaping them. It's like playing god Cool
THE BRIGHTSIDE.
THE BRIGHTSIDE.
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 286

http://bjbrightside.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NightmareB4Christmas Tue 17 Mar 2009, 6:50 am

Mine is Nickita... she's rash, loud, outspoken, and tomboyish. The complete opposite of me (except the tomboy part), so it's really fun to write about her. She's really insecure too, a bit like me, so I think that I can relate to her.
Hehe, it IS like playing God. :3

NightmareB4Christmas
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by quinn allman's hair. Sun 11 Oct 2009, 9:59 am

I once wrote a short story for an English assignment which involved Finnegan, the Irish garden gnome that came to life in one boy's drunken haze.

Finnegan had a dry, sarcastic sense of humour and he was also quite innapropriate at times.

Unfortunately, I lost that story when I left school. Favourite Characters. 203854
quinn allman's hair.
quinn allman's hair.
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 182

http://member.mibba.com/54880

Back to top Go down

Post by rolo Thu 28 Jan 2010, 3:38 am

Benji Ricketts.
he's currently my favorite RP character, and most recent. he works late nights at a gay whorehouse, but falls in love with a poet (think Moulin Rouge.) this puts everything on the line for him. he doesn't know how to love, let alone what it even means, other than getting paid for one night of ~romance. so it's always exciting to play him. he's a thin little guy with black hair, a bit above the shoulders. brown eyes. dresses rather provocatively. benj is rather soft spoken and more reserved, but will do whatever if he's paid. to him, he's just an ugly, dumb, foolish whore that deserves no one, but he still has a lot to learn.

Xin.
he's a 13 year old schizo in France. uhh he's another rp character. he ends up falling for the guy who raped him. of course his parents didn't believe xin when he said he was raped, seeing as it's impossible to know if what he sees or hears is true. he has an eye patch over his right eye. he's blind in that eye from an incident as a kid. he has a little plush Kitty named Lucifer that "talks" to him. really fun character to write about. xin is really hyper, unless you piss him off. if that happens, he won't get violent; he'll keep to himself and just glare. painfully.
rolo
rolo
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 931

http://rolomflurry.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down