I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoplifting.

3 posters

Go down

Shoplifting. Empty Shoplifting.

Post by noro Sun 17 May 2009, 5:45 am

Shoplifting is a petty little crime that can be taken to serious offense.

I was caught for it once, was threatened to be sent to jail (Rolling Eyes) and the security guard who was watching me, a twenty-one year-old guy with a faux-hawk, gave this little talk about law that got me thinking.
He said that in a way, shoplifting is like a gateway into bigger crimes, like robbing a bank. He gave an analogy to drugs, with marijuana being like a portal to larger, more dangerous substances like cocaine and ecstasy.

So anyway, what are your thoughts/opinions on it?
noro
noro
New Recruit

Male
Number of posts : 46

http://digestedchildren.whisperwars.net/

Back to top Go down

Shoplifting. Empty Re: Shoplifting.

Post by violet crayon of delirium Sun 17 May 2009, 6:04 am

It depends... It's the desire for more that has people going after bigger things. Or because it's the only skill they have confidence in. Some people will only ever shoplift. Or only shoplift in a small phase of their life. Those kinds of lectures are just fear tactics though. You're trying to scare people out of it. Honestly, it's about how you control yourself that matters.

violet crayon of delirium
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Who we are. Fri 19 Mar 2010, 11:11 pm

I don't think it's cause people just think they are great at shoplifting and so they do it more for higher stakes, but sure some of it would be for adrenaline.
I shoplifted a couple of times, but it was always for things I needed at the time.
I'm not saying that makes it any less wrong. I knew I was breaking the law and I did it anyway.
I'm pretty confident I'm not going to go robbing a bank even though, I got away with it and seemed "good at it" and "confident in my ability".
Who we are.
Who we are.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1169

http://whowearre.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: