I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I talk a lot about panic at the disco

Go down

I talk a lot about panic at the disco Empty I talk a lot about panic at the disco

Post by LADIES AND GENTLEMEN Fri 23 Jan 2009, 10:36 pm

But it's never really the right kind of talking

So today I am going to do the right kind.

Live at Abbey Road. Guh.

Hello, The Weight.

Firstly, Brendon's voice here is just breathtaking. This boy is really, truly my inspiration. I taught myself to sing by putting AFYCSO on repeat, turned up loud enough so that only I could hear myself, and trying to sing like him. Not the same sound, but the technique. I'm still nowhere near close, but I'm getting there.

If you guys have seen that video I made of Northern Downpour - now you all know where I got my random tendency to leap up octaves from. Thankyou 7:11 (what an unfortunate time hmmmm) you just gave me goosebumps. Similarly, 7:47, 8:34 and 8:54.

And, okay, this is not my bias towards Panic at the Disco, here - I think they owned this. It continually astounds me how they manage to make songs so... theirs. This isn't the kind of song that I'd normally listen to, but their version is perfect. Their cover of Karma Police is another example.

I've never understood why people question the credibility of bands that do covers. I mean, okay, so they may be associated immediately with bad cover bands, but a cover band and a band that does a cover are two completely different things. In my opinion, the ability to take a song and make it your own, the way Panic do, should add to musical credibility - especially seeing as it's not as if this is a studio cover, it's live, and it is still absolutely beautiful.

More, I adore this version of I Write Sins. I saw an interview back and they did a similar complete makeover to I Constantly Thank God and Time To Dance (I think it was before the acoustic version) and I am still desperately hunting for the MP3s of them. I love how they play their old stuff now. It's almost like how they do their covers, the way they change it up to be this amazing hybrid of their new and old sound. They change all their material so much, so constantly, and it just baffles me how they have the creativity and energy to say 'Hey, this could be better, lets do it this way', and not only to think that, but to actually follow it through. I've heard four different live versions of Time To Dance, three of Lying is the Most Fun and countless of Nine in the Afternoon. They just keep coming and each is starkly different to - yet equally as amazing as - the last.

More of Brendon's voice being responsible for me DEATH, the 'I' at 2:40. I know he was probably sharp by accident but I'm just telling myself he wasn't because it sounds better that way. It's like how Patrick sings 'style' higher in the second chorus of the live version of The Take Over, The Break's Over, or Brendon sings 'Dance' just a semitone higher than the transposed version of Dance, Dance should be in What a Catch, Donnie.

(Also, Ryan's little guitar riffs throughout - awesome. It's nice to hear him playing some actual guitar. Brendon does way too much of the lead stuff, considering the fact that Ryan is lead guitar.)

I just wanted to a) prove that I am a musician and do appreciate music, and b) write this down somewhere, because I needed to express this fanboyish musicgeek love.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Administrator.

Male
Number of posts : 3875

http://mformikey.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down