I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(c) It's All Very Odd (PG-13)

3 posters

Go down

(c) It's All Very Odd (PG-13) Empty (c) It's All Very Odd (PG-13)

Post by Breakdown Tue 10 Mar 2009, 8:40 am

Title: It's All Very Odd
Author: Logan...
Rating: PG-13...for the moment(?)
Summary: He's just walked out on the relationship that he thought would be 'the one'. Now, now he's unsure of what to do.
Disclaimer: My first original fiction...not completly sure of where I'm going with it. It started out as my creative writing homework. I own it all. gtfo over yourself,

Oh and this part is like a prolouge kinda...so he will be named...eventually.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two of them sat side by side on the front porch; everything was silent as the storm started rolling in. The two of them, one girl and one boy, hadn’t said more than a handful of words to each other all day. They had been sitting on the front porch for the entire afternoon, awaiting the storm. They were both lost in thought as they looked at the dark sky.

The boy kicked at the dusty ground until a tiny hole appeared in the dirt while nervously playing with his bright red lighter. He desperately wanted to grab another smoke out of his, almost empty, package but didn’t. He knew that lighting up yet another smoke would only make her angrier. She hated how he smoked, well she hated how much he smoked, she said that it was dirty and disgusting. He frowned slightly at the sky and tried his hardest to not grab at the inviting smoke that he wanted so bad.

She pushed her overgrown bangs off of her forehead and frowned in disgust as she saw him playing with his stupid lighter. She knew that that meant he wanted a smoke and that no matter how hard he tried to resist the craving he would eventually give in. She turned her attention away from him and fixed her eyes back onto the dark sky. She sat, lost in the sky, for a few moments before wrinkling her nose in disgust as she smelt that awful smell. “Can you put that out.”

He glanced over at her and took a long drag of the smoke before ohe pening his mouth to respond. “Let me get this straight. You are finally speaking to me to tell me to put out my smoke? And the answer is no, I won’t put it out.” He watches as her face turns into an angry mask and grins. “’No’ just seems to be the word of the day, doesn’t it?” Her face turns even darker and to be quite honest he’s surprised that smoke isn’t pouring out of her ears. “You started this you know. You started this all when you said no to me this morning.”

She can’t take it any longer. “I didn’t start anything. You started it all by asking me to marry you. We’re only twenty-two years old, we’re not ready to get married. So no, I started nothing by saying no to you. You started it all.” She quickly stood up and stormed into the house. She slammed the door shut behind her and kind of hoped that he would follow after her.

He didn’t follow her. Instead he put out his smoke, got up off the step and walked out onto the front lawn. The rain started to fall as he dropped down onto the ground. The grass was already wet and he felt the water seep through his sweater instantly. It was cold and he thought about getting up and going inside but really didn’t want to face her again. Squeezing his eyes shut he took a few deep breaths and relaxed into the storm.

When she walked back out onto the front porch she let out a frustrated sigh. She was clearly pissed off at him and he decides to sit in the rain instead of following after her. She marches down the steps and walks until she is standing next to his head. She’s tempted to kick his head but refrains from doing so.

Noticing that something is blocking the rain he slowly opens his eyes. He frowns when he sees her standing over him and pushes at her leg, motioning her to move out of the way. When she doesn’t move he gets up and moves to a different spot on the lawn. She follows after him and he once again moves. He thinks about yelling at her but doesn’t think that that would really work.

Her frown is growing larger and larger as she continues to follow him around the front lawn. “I just want to talk to you! Why won’t you just sit still?” She is near screaming and is beyond frustrated. “This, this is exactly why I said no. You still act like a stupid child. Maybe if you grew up a little and became more mature I would accept your stupid marriage proposal.”

That made him stop mid-step. “I have to grow up?” He started laughing so hard that he had to sit down. “You are seriously telling me that I’m the one that has to grow up. Wow. I never thought I’d hear that. But if you think that you are the more mature one then go ahead and continue to think that.” With that he laughed even louder and threw himself onto the ground.

She faltered for a second not knowing what to say in response. She was furious that he would even imply that she wasn’t mature. She was clearly the more mature one. She was the one who was enrolled in university and was on her way to getting an amazing job. He was the one who had dropped out and was on his way to a dead-end life. So that made her the more mature one. At least in her mind.

“You know. I take it all back. You didn’t start anything by saying no. I started it all by asking you to marry me. Because you wouldn’t want to possibly marry an immature boy like myself, that would just be disastrous right? But you know what, I’ve gotten over the rejection because in these past few hours I have learned more about you than I have throughout our entire relationship.” He unzipped his now soaked sweater and threw it across the lawn, it hit her leg and she cried out in frustration. He laughed in return.

She was near tears. She had never been so upset and so angry in her entire life. He was supposed to be begging for her to change her answer. He was supposed to be begging her to think about it. She was supposed to feel so sorry that she would change her answer and they would get married and life a perfect life together. Her plans weren’t going the way they were supposed to be going and she honestly didn’t know what to do.

The rain was coming down lightly now and the clouds were starting to clear. The two of them had retreated back to their silence. He was lying across the grass and she was standing, staring at him. By the time the rain stopped completely they had moved back to the front steps. Sitting side by side, not speaking, much like how they were before the storm started.

He cleared his throat and took out another smoke. “You know what? I think that we should just break-up for good. Obviously you see nothing in me and I’m not too sure I see anything in you anymore.” He fiddled with the red lighter before lighting up the smoke. He watched her out of the corner of his eyes to see her reaction.

She didn’t know what to do. She was shocked to hear those words come out of his mouth. The same mouth that had told her how much he loved her and wanted to be with her that very morning. She shook her head slowly and tried to organize her thoughts. “Really? You really want to break-up? I thought you wanted to be with me for the rest of your life. Were you lying?”

He shook his head. “I wasn’t lying when I said that, though now I wish I had never said those words. In this past hour or so I’ve come to realize that I don’t know you at all and that I really don’t like the idea of being with you for the rest of my life.” He took a drag on him smoke and frowned slightly.

She held back her tears and waved away the smoke that was floating past her face. “Well you know you aren’t that great yourself. Even if I had said yes you would have done something to mess it up. You always do.”

He smiled. “Well, I’m glad we’re on the same page."

Last edited by 21st century breakdown- on Wed 11 Mar 2009, 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : checked: breakdown.)
Breakdown
Breakdown

Female
Number of posts : 6182

http://ordinaryxday.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

(c) It's All Very Odd (PG-13) Empty Re: (c) It's All Very Odd (PG-13)

Post by more adventurous. Tue 10 Mar 2009, 8:50 am

I like this. I already told you.
Yay for creative writing. Only not really.
I want to see how this continues.
more adventurous.
more adventurous.
Administrator.

Female
Number of posts : 4753

http://libbeyinreallife.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Skellington Tue 10 Mar 2009, 9:54 am

i r pleased. I love it.
Jack Skellington
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690

http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum