I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(c) Vital Signs [PG-13]

3 posters

Go down

(c) Vital Signs [PG-13] Empty (c) Vital Signs [PG-13]

Post by rolo Fri 01 May 2009, 6:58 am

Title: Vital Signs
Rating: PG-13
Author: linzy.
Genre: Romance, drama, shonen-ai.
Fandom: Code Geass
Pairing: LelouchxRolo with very little LelouchxSuzaku.
Summary/Exerpt: "Listen," He took my hand and placed it lightly on his chest, above his heart and smiled. "You're making it stronger."
Warnings: Shonen-ai (boys kissing boys), swearing.

Chapter 1.

Who am I? Where am I?

Around my head, the questions swam and bounced off my brain, making my head hurt.

It was almost as if someone or something hit me.

My vision was a blur, and my ears slurred any incoming voices.

The only thing that had been heard clear was “he’s awake,” said by a male around the age of eighteen. After blinking a few times, my vision became clear. A male and female stood at the end of my bed, now facing me.

“Good morning.” The woman said with a cheery smile, which wasn’t the least bit comforting.

“Good morning?” I replied. My voice ached from dehydration and occasionally cracked. I sat up, weighed down by tubes inside my hands and wrist. “Where am I?”

“Lelouch, thank God. I was so worried. You’re at the hospital.” The male said. His curly brown hair fit his face perfectly, complete with green piercing eyes that stared me down into my bed.

“Is Lelouch my name?” I asked.

The boy’s face paled. “You… don’t remember a thing, do you? Do you know who I am?” His voiced was rushed, impatient.

“No, I don’t. Are you someone important to me?”

“I liked to think I was. Lelouch, I’m your boyfriend – Suzaku. I’ve known you for eight years.” He smiled softly and sat at the end of my bed. His eyes gleamed with this relieving sadness; it was as if you could almost see the confusion that twisted in his stomach. “And this is Cecile. She’s been your doctor for the three days you were sleeping.”

“Three days? What happened to me?” My hands shook with anxiety.

“Rivalz is such an idiot. You and he were riding that damned scooter on your way to class. Rivalz made a wrong turn, and you both flipped. He’s okay; he didn’t take as much damage. Your helmet fell off. Poor Shirley was about to have a heart attack; I sometimes think she took the accident harder than I did. And Madame President wasn’t too happy about it herself. Poor Nina has to deal with her.” Suzaku spoke as if I knew these people, as if he was the only one that was forgotten, or hoped that was the truth.

I shook my head. “I don’t understand.”

Cecile excused herself and left Suzaku and me alone.

He climbed over my legs and rested his head on my chest. “I can’t believe this.” He muttered into my hospital gown.

For me, it was awkward. I didn’t know how to comfort him, how to love him. Those abilities were lying somewhere with my memories.

Suzaku sat back up. “I should call Sayoko to tell your sister you’re alright.” He wiped away the last trace of his tears.

“Do you mean my sister Nunnally?” I asked.

Suzaku stared at me. “Yes, do you remember her?”

“Somewhat. I remember soft, light brown hair. She’s handicapped; she can’t see or walk.” My head began to throb.

Nunnally’s name had been ringing in my ears, and her image was vivid and gentle, akin to her personality.

“I’m not surprised you remember her; she is your sister after all, and you do love her very much.” Suzaku kissed my cheek before leaving to make the phone call.

My cheek burned from the kiss. My hand reached for my cheek, trembling at the idea of being in love.

Last edited by loveless. on Mon 04 May 2009, 7:08 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : checked: eulogy.)
rolo
rolo
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 931

http://rolomflurry.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

(c) Vital Signs [PG-13] Empty Re: (c) Vital Signs [PG-13]

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo Fri 01 May 2009, 7:01 am

I love this so far!

Nice introduction to things. I can't wait to hear what you have next. (:
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2291

http://www.myspace.com/_tragic_with_a_capital_T_

Back to top Go down

Post by rolo Mon 04 May 2009, 6:45 am

Chapter 2.

Every toss and turn I made left my bones aching. My head continued to throb and my arms were covered with bruises, not visible in the dark.

The door occasionally opened, the light from the hall illuminating the room, as Cecile marked down notes on her clipboard.

It wasn’t long until she finally gave me a pill that made me fall asleep.

-

By the time morning came, I was on my stomach and my pillow dropped to the floor. Suzaku was sitting by the window, his hand clasped together tightly. “Good morning.” His expression was dull, almost emotionless. “You must have slept well. You normally throw your pillow in your sleep when you do.”

I sat up straight. “When did you get here?”

“A few hours ago…” He paused. “I needed to talk to you. Do you know who Kallen Stadtfeld is?” I shook my head. His eyes become glossy. “Well that sucks. According to Kallen, you cheated on me with her the day before the accident. You had sex with her, Lelouch. You were never going to tell me. And what hurts most is that I can’t even ask you why I wasn’t good enough for you.” Suzaku stood up, a tear streaming down his cheek to his neck. “Just so you know, when we had sex, you were my first. You’re a fucking sexual deviant. You slept with practically every girl on the fucking swim team. To think, I actually loved…” He paused, the tears falling faster. “I came to tell you I’m done. Maybe now you have an idea of who you were before the accident. Sorry I wasted your time.”

When Suzaku left, I actually sulked. I might have even cried, but not from guilt for cheating on Suzaku; I was guilty for who I used to be.

Cecile came in a few minutes after the episode with Suzaku. She stared at me. “You look ill. Are you feeling okay?”

I pulled my knees to my chest. “…’m fine.” I mumbled.

“Do you want to take a walk? We detached your IV this morning, and you look like you could use a change of scenery.”

“That actually sounds good right about now.”

She smiled and walked me down the hall.

I started to wonder what kind of hospital this was when I saw other patients walking around without nurses and doctors, interacting with each other.

There was only one that stayed in his room, watching TV. Cecile stopped by his door.

“C’mon, Rolo, you’ve been inside all day.”

The boy shook his head. “What’s the point?” He asked.

He sounded like a fucking twelve-year-old.

“I want you to meet someone. Get out of bed, or I’ll send him in.”
Rolo never looked away from the TV.

Cecile gestured for me to walk inside. She followed me.

Rolo finally looked at me. His eyes were tired and his skin was so pale he might have been the living dead, inviting me to join his legion of the damned.

“What’s your name?” He asked me.

“Lelouch.” I choked.

“Lelouch is a strange name.” He smiled weakly.

“I don’t like it.”

“Why not?” He asked.

“It belongs to a monster.”
rolo
rolo
Red Scare

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Skellington Mon 04 May 2009, 6:49 am

I like it so far. you have pleased him Moar?
Jack Skellington
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690

http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rolo Wed 06 May 2009, 11:34 pm

Chapter 3.

Lelouch,

If you would have told me that Suzaku was more than your friend, I wouldn’t have agreed to do that with you.

Suzaku had every right to break up with you; you really deserved it.

-Kallen S.

P.S: Sorry about your accident. Karma’s a bitch, isn’t it?

I held the letter with trembling hands and tore it into tiny pieces. Even if it was put back together, the words wouldn’t be legible. I threw the pieces on the ground and groaned.

“Knock, knock.”

I glanced at the door for a mere second, and already my head began to hurt.

“What do you want, Rolo?” I snarled.

He shrugged. “You seem a little upset.” He eyed the mess I made. “Oh, fan mail? No wonder you’re upset.”

“…More like hate mail.”

“That makes more sense.” He smiled.

What was he so smug about? What part of my torture could possibly have been entertaining for him?

“You never answered me. What do you want?”

“No need to get testy, Lelouch. I just wanted to talk for a while.” Rolo invited himself in and sat in the chair Suzaku once sat in.

My eyes narrowed. “Seriously, now; why are you here?”

“Do you mean in this hospital, or in your room?” He smiled again.

I paused. “Both.”

“I have a life-threatening heart defect.” His smile didn’t seem so comforting. “Sometimes my heart doesn’t work the way it should. It will eventually kill me; Cecile estimates I’ll be dead in a month if I don’t get a new heart.”

I froze. I had been thinking my life sucked, when his was pretty much over.

“But you’re like… twelve, right?”

“Lelouch, I’m insulted! I’m seventeen!” He laughed. “I know I’m short, but twelve is the youngest I’ve heard so far. But what about you; why are you here?”

I shrugged. “I’ve been told I lost my memory. I woke up not knowing where I was or who I am. I’m still trying to figure that one out…”

“That’s a bit depressing. Maybe I should help you.”

“…What? Thanks, but you know nothing about me.” I scoffed.

“I know that you’re too proud to ask for help.”

He hit a nerve.

“Shut up, Rolo.”

“Denial is written on your face.” He stood and walked to my bed. “You know, asking for help isn’t a bad thing; and you look like you need it.”

He sat at the end of my bed. I pulled my legs closer. “I could ask for help from anyone; I won’t ask it from you, though.”

He shrugged. “Alright, fine. You know, all you had to do was say ‘get out of my room’ and I would have left you alone. But then you would have felt guilty because I’m sick. Thanks for your pity.” Rolo sat up and left, closing the door behind him.

“What the fuck,” I groaned and lied in bed.

Eventually, sleep took me away from that crazy hospital.

“Suzaku,” I buried my tiny hands into the grass, tugging out a handful of green, silky threads. “If happiness had a physical form, what would it look like?”

The younger boy pondered. “I think it would resemble glass.”

I smiled. “Why glass?”

“Even though you can’t see it, it’s always there.” Suzaku lied on his back, looking to the clouds.

I did the same and our heads touched for a moment.

“You’re right.”

Suzaku had this sense of knowledge around him. I loved him because I was jealous of him.

My eyes shot open. My body shook in a cold sweat as my head throbbed.

Had I just remembered something from my childhood?

I jolted from bed, walking slowly down the hall of the hospital.

I passed by Rolo’s room, who was sitting on his bed with this sorry expression, his hands shaking.

I stood at his door. “Are you alright, Rolo?” I asked.

He looked at me with tired eyes. “And you care because…?”

“No reason, really; I just wanted to talk for a while.” I used his excuse from earlier that day.

He gestured for me to sit on his bed with him. I accepted the offer, rather nervously.

He leaned against my shoulder. I flinched. “I’m not ready to die,” he whispered.

I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t want to hurt him; he looked so fragile.

Rolo wiped away a few tears.

“Don’t cry,” I said. “It’s not worth it.”

Rolo smiled. “You’re an idiot.” He rose up and kissed my cheek.

“What are you doing?”

“You’re an idiot.” He gripped onto my arm and rested his head against my shoulder again. “You can’t take a hint.”
rolo
rolo
Red Scare

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Skellington Thu 07 May 2009, 3:22 am

OMGOMGYAYAYAYAY Linzy, stop lying that you have no talent in writing. talk to it.

I love this story. Rolo is so adorable. nawwww
Jack Skellington
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690

http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rolo Wed 08 Jul 2009, 11:17 pm

Chapter 4.

Blood was soaked into the soil, making it a rather muddy mess that I would have to clean off my shoes before entering back into the Kururugi household. Nunnally held tightly onto my shoulders, her hair in pigtails I had put together that morning. Suzaku trailed behind us, walking a bit slowly, looking down to the decaying bodies of his people.

The children had no proper burial, held tightly against their dead mother’s chest, her eyes wide open. The mother looked like she was screaming, either in pain or screaming for help. I had to look away when my stomach did flips.

“Brother, it smells bad here,” Nunnally whispered. “Where are we going?”

“We’re going to town to get fruit.” I adjusted Nunnally’s position on my back. “We’re just passing by a dump; right, Suzaku?”

Suzaku froze behind us. Nunnally turned here head, squeezing my shoulders to go back to him.

She placed a gentle hand against his cheek. “My mother taught me a warm touch is good for tears,” She smiled. “Is it true, Suzaku?”

Suzaku wiped away his tears. “Thank you, Nunnally.”

I could feel something soft and cold press against my lips one morning. I opened my eyes and watched Rolo hover over me, blushing. When he saw my eyes open, he backed away and muttered an apology. I smiled and sat up in bed.

“It’s okay.” I said, shrugging.

Rolo sat at the edge of my bed. “I couldn’t help myself.” He whispered, looking away from me. “I really wish I had my sketchbook.” He muttered.

I looked at him. “You draw?”

He nodded. “I can’t draw very well, unfortunately.”

I kicked the bed sheets off, ignoring Rolo’s self-pity and walked into the bathroom.

I hated looking at myself in the mirror in the morning. I hated seeing my face covered with light bruises and scratches going down my neck. I sighed deeply and washed my face.

“You look fine. Just so you know.” Rolo commented, leaning coolly against the bathroom door frame.

“Probably to you, but to me, this is all I know. I don’t remember what I looked like before the accident.”

Rolo blushed. “I’m sure you looked… nice.”

I watched him fidget in the mirror. “Rolo, why are you so awkward around me?” I asked.

The boy shrugged. “I’ve never felt comfortable with anyone before. For some reason, you’re different from other people. And I like that about you.”

I rolled my eyes. “Oh, please, there’s nothing to like about me.”

Rolo slowly walked up to me and linked his arms around my waist and rested his head on my chest. “You’re just different. Isn’t that a good enough answer for you, Lelouch?”

I sighed. I didn’t know what to do.

It made no sense to me. I couldn’t see anything in myself that Rolo saw.

Maybe that’s why holding him felt right; he seemed to know me more than I knew myself.

-

Later that day, Rolo was asked to go back to his room to do some weekly tests or something. I had a visitor, who claimed she was in the student council with me.

Her name was Shirley Fenette. She sat in Suzaku’s old chair, and she looked a bit nervous. She wouldn’t make eye contact with me and she twirled a lock of orange hair between her thin fingers. Occasionally she sighed, looking at me with doll-like eyes that were tired and concerned.

I grew tired of her irritating silence and groaned. “Say something; anything. You’re killing me.”

Shirley smiled weakly. “I’m sorry. It’s just so… weird seeing you cooped up in a hospital.” She giggled. “You’d normally be out gambling and dragging Suzaku with you to… oh, sorry, should I lay off the Suzaku subject?”

Why would she expect me to care about him? I didn’t hate him, but I didn’t love him like I had everyone believe I did. “Um, sure I guess.”

“Anyway, you’d normally be out gambling or doing God knows what around the Ashford campus.” She shrugged.

My life as the school whore must have been a secret.

“Is Ashford the school I go to?” I asked, tilting my head a bit.

“Actually it’s Ashford Academy. You’re the Vice President, but once Millay graduates you’ll become President. Just promise you’ll throw as many fun activities as Millay did, okay? Oh, I know! Once you get released, I’ll talk to her about throwing a huge party for you!” Shirley went on, babbling about how surprised I’ll be when I see all of the games and dancing at the party. Somehow, she thought I’d still be surprised when she told me every detail that she would add to the festivities. “Lulu, you’re gonna love it.”

I gave her a funny look. “Is Lulu my nickname or something?” I asked, pulling the scratchy bed sheets over my legs.

“Yup, I always call you Lulu. Actually, I’m the one that gave you the name, along with Nana, for Nunnally. I guess that they kind of caught on. Now everyone calls you Lulu.” She tilted her head and frowned. “You don’t remember… anything.” She sighed.

I shrugged. “I remember… some things.”

Her face lit up. “You do?! What do you remember?”

I was taken aback by her sudden outburst. “I’ve been having weird dreams of Nunnally and Suzaku, when we were children. I think I stayed in Suzaku’s home for a while. I don’t even know.” I leaned back against the wall and sighed in frustration.

Shirley gave me a funny look. “I don’t know much about your past, Lulu. You never mentioned knowing Suzaku as a kid. I mean, I knew you were friends before he came to Ashford, but never as kids. Maybe you should ask your sister.”

I wanted to avoid the topic of what I remembered and listened to the stories she was telling about us. She described to me in rather vivid detail about the fireworks we used to launch, the parties we would have with just the student council, and how we dated for two weeks. Yet she seemed like a really good friend to me.

“Shirley, could you do me a favor?” I asked with a smile. Obviously, she could succumb to my charm.

“Sure, anything for you, Lulu.”

“I need you to get me a sketchbook.”
rolo
rolo
Red Scare

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content