I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(c) Sirens. [PG-13]

2 posters

Go down

(c) Sirens. [PG-13] Empty (c) Sirens. [PG-13]

Post by tea-boy. Wed 20 May 2009, 7:47 am

Title: Sirens.
Rating: PG-13
Author: Me
Genre: Fiction.
Summary/Excerpt:
The sirens wailed, clanging and banging in the alleyway. My heart leaps, almost flying straight out of my throat. But she just lets out a small laugh and exhales smoke. Her teased up hair blows slightly in the wind and she looks up at the sky.

Side note: This is not very good. I did it out of stress for a creating writing assignment in a half hour.
---

The sirens wailed, clanging and banging in the alleyway. My heart leaps, almost flying straight out of my throat. But she just lets out a small laugh and exhales smoke. Her teased up hair blows slightly in the wind and she looks up at the sky.

“Have you ever noticed that the sky is never really pitch black?”

I look up at the sky as well, taking in the slightest lights that refract across the large surface, just an illusion.

“It’s the stars, if they weren’t there, it would be pitch black,” I say.

She looks at me and laughs again, this time shaking her head.

“It’s always the textbook definition with you.”

I wonder what she means. If it’s an insult or an observation.

“Have you ever stopped to think?”

I tilt my head and give her a sideways look.

She closes her eyes and sighs. Taking another drag of her cigarette, she flicks it on the ground. I watch it make contact with the damp concrete way, the red embers fading into the darkness.

“Just try to think of more than the scientific explanation,” she paused, “Life’s more fun.”

She smiles again, this time it’s so big that she can’t contain it. Her lips part and a brilliance fills the night sky. I still don’t understand, so I just stare at the puddle beneath my feet and watch the city light reflect off my face.

Maybe the stars are alive, but I think if they were, they would be living in her eyes.

Last edited by Sheepy on Wed 20 May 2009, 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : checked:sheep)
tea-boy.
tea-boy.
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2508

http://delusionaldreamer2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

(c) Sirens. [PG-13] Empty Re: (c) Sirens. [PG-13]

Post by Jack Skellington Wed 20 May 2009, 8:48 am

(c) Sirens. [PG-13] 545329 I think what you meant:
l'ultima wrote: This is very good. This is the best thing from Meg that Rita has ever read.

Or you know... I love it beyond words. [/smug]
Jack Skellington
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690

http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum