I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(c) A Way To Let You In [PG]

Go down

(c) A Way To Let You In [PG] Empty (c) A Way To Let You In [PG]

Post by Jack Skellington Thu 09 Jul 2009, 10:29 pm

Title: A Way To Let You In
Rating: PG for swearing
Author: Rita
Genre: Romance
Summary/Exerpt: That was everything she needed- his phone number, his name, and the fact that he's a drummer.
Warnings: Swearing. And lots of it.

--

Chapter One

All he saw on that first day of classes was a prep. A cheerleader. A good girl. Eddy had fallen in love with her. Not knowing her name, her social status, or personality. He's fallen in love with her presence. Her very being.

“Dude, what's her name? Do you know?” Eddy frantically asked his buddy Fish. He had to know her name.

“I think her name is Summer. But I could be wrong. Do you know what numberrrrr.... four is?”

“Fish, I don't care about or know what number four is. Summer... It fits her,” Eddy said. And to him, no name could fit her better. Her bright, friendly, being. Her blond hair. Her just-barely tanned skin. Her perfect, bright smile. Her misplaced dark brown eyes. That was the one thing that was... off about her. It wasn't wrong, it just didn't fit with the rest. It made him sense that something was different about her.

“Eddy... are you interested in her? Because, I mean, at a school like this, why wouldn't she be taken? Don't even waste your time.”

“I dunno if I'm interested in her or not, she's just so.. captivating. I dunno, I'd have to have an actual conversation with her to know.” He had to say something, otherwise Fish would tell everyone of their friends about it. And Eddy did not want that to happen.

Sonia (NOT Summer), the captivating girl with misplaced brown eyes, was surprisingly free. After she found out her boyfriend, a football player (she was very clichéd person) had lied to her about making out with the class whore, she dumped him faster than he could say “I didn't make out with her!” So she was, happily, free. Now, she could look for more hip, more reliable, more trustworthy guys. Maybe she'd go for a skater, or a musician.

That was it- she wanted a musician boyfriend. A nice, clean cut guy who could play... the drums. She wanted a nice, clean cut, reliable, trustworthy drummer boyfriend. Her cheerleader friends denied this faster than she could say “omigod, why not?” even though she knew why- he didn't come up to cheerleader standards. Even though she wanted to stop these frivolous standards, she couldn't, or she'd lose her standings.

“Okay, so here's what I'll do. I'll stay on the squad until I meet a nice drummer, then if it works out, we'll take it from there.” Sonia hoped that the squad would go along with this- thankfully they did.

The weeks went by. Sonia tried unsuccessfully to find a nice drummer at the school. Eddy learned her name was Sonia, and he tried to talk to her. Every time her got up the nerve, she was no where in sight.

It went on like this until she saw his ad for a band he started:
NEW BAND
I need some musicians willing to start a band. We'd need to practice once or twice a week, whatever is good for you. I'd like one or two guitarists, a bassist, and a singer (unless one of the above can sing.) Call Eddy Leets at 555-2394
NO DRUMMER NECESSARY.

That was everything she needed- his phone number, his name, and the fact that he's a drummer.

Last edited by gloria- on Sun 01 Nov 2009, 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : checked: gloria)
Jack Skellington
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690

http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

(c) A Way To Let You In [PG] Empty Re: (c) A Way To Let You In [PG]

Post by Jack Skellington Tue 21 Jul 2009, 11:45 am

Chapter Two

“Leets residence,” said Mrs. Leets.

“Hi, I'm looking for Eddy? Is he at home?” Sonia had a way of charming future boyfriend's parents.

“Yeah, just a moment please.” She turned away from the phone and yelled “EDDY! There's someone on the phone for you!”

She heard a faint cry from somewhere in his house, “I'll be right there!” About 20 seconds later, she finally gets to meet her dream guy. “Hello?”

“Hey, it's Sonia. You're in Geometry with Mr. Murphy, right? Well, I was wondering, could you help me with it? I'm incredibly confused about the whole thing.”

Silence came from the other side of the line. Firstly, Eddy was totally baffled as to why Sonia would call him. She could've called the class nerd, Ernest, who actually knows how to do it. There must have been some deeper reason for Sonia to be calling him- Eddy Leets, the lamest guy he knew. The only thing that stood out about him in the whole school is his ability to play the drums.

“Eddy? Are you still there?” Sonia asked confusedly. “Helllllooooo?”

“Wha- I mean, yeah, I'm here. Sorry. My mom was distracting me. Anyway, I don't understand it either. Sorry.”

“Maybe we could, I dunno, meet up at the library some time? You know, help each other out?” She was getting totally desperate- he was NOT getting the hint that she was trying to ask him out.

“I dunno, I've been kinda busy trying to get a band together- I only so far have one guitarist, and I still need a bassist. And a singer. Maybe on Wednesday or something like that? Whatever is good for you, I guess.”

She was torn- she goes to her choral lessons OR she hangs out with the (maybe) guy of her dreams.

Then something clicked- he needs a singer. She can sing. It's perfect! She brings him to Chorus so he can hear her sing, and he gets a singer. But studying could wait until later- please, like grades matter when you're a sophomore.

“Actually, I have chorus on Wednesday after school. You can come if you want, it's only half an hour. We can study after that,” she said, hoping to whatever higher being there was that he would catch on.

“Yeah, that'd be cool. That sounds like a lot of fun. I'll see you Monday.” He was not excited, but he wasn't in the dumps about it either- this is the girl he's been trying to get since school started and she became single again.

She, on the other hand, was very excited to meet her mystery man. I mean, they were in 2 classes together, and she had been looking for a boyfriend.. Maybe it would work out. Even with her “job.”
Jack Skellington
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690

http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum