I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(c) Connected (G)

Go down

(c) Connected (G) Empty (c) Connected (G)

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo Tue 23 Sep 2008, 3:15 am

Title: Connected
Rating: G.
Author: Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Summary: "The same sky."
Author's Note: This is what happens when you obsessively use a thesaurus.

- - -

There, the scenery was plastered against the horizon. There were black snarls of tree branches contrasting against a orange-to-pink-to-blue gradient sky. Looking down and larboard, the adumbral brook could be seen. And, if you could stay hushed for long enough, you'd be able to hear the sputter of the water below you; assuredly to stay for a few days, if you were lucky enough, before it started to snow again.

And, you wouldn't know it, but there's someone looking at the sky with you.

He approaches you and stares, as if to ask permission to be there. You greet him.

"Fascinating, yes?" he inquires.

"What's fascinating?"

"The sky. Tonight."

"Oh, yes. Much so." You pause to fold your legs. "Eminently more than what it seems to be."

"You share my beliefs, I see," the witty boy smiles.

"I tend to assess things more than others," you say, now concentrated on the pair of scarlet cardinals scavengerring along the brook.

The boy nods understandingly and continues watching the sky. He watches the swelling, white-and-pink-and-orange hued clouds make their way around the Earth. His dusky being is luring your eyes to snap back to observing the fabulous eventide.

"You know what's amazing about this?" you muse.

"Hmm?" he asked, bated.

"There's always someone." You pause to smile lightly. "I mean, someone looking along with you. The same sky."

He comprehends your statement. "You're right. It's sort of ensorcelled."

"Very," you agree with a laugh.

And, for the rest of the night, you chat with the intelligible boy.

Once the sun goes down, everything is distant and quiet, and you both part separate ways without another word.

checked: shorty.
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2291

http://www.myspace.com/_tragic_with_a_capital_T_

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum