I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(c) Fear and Happiness. [G]

Go down

(c) Fear and Happiness. [G] Empty (c) Fear and Happiness. [G]

Post by we are invincible. Wed 24 Sep 2008, 1:17 pm

Title: Fear and Happiness
Author: Me, yo.
Rating: G
Genre(s): Fantasy...? Not too sure.
Author's note: Wrote this for english class. Kind of cheesy but seemed a bit better than writing about 'my favourite place.' Con-crit would be nice, since my teacher didn't give any. Mad
___

She ran and ran, long matted hair flowing behind her. Not once did she stop to turn to look behind her. Her once graceful body now pumped uncoordinatedly with panic. Her stamina was failing her, betraying her when she needed it the most. Unfairunfairunfair. She pumped even harder and struggled to take another breath with each metre she ran.

Why was she running? She didn’t seem to know. For she knew it was a monster that was chasing her, but why? Because she was letting it. Stupidstupidstupid. Because she knew that if she stopped, slowed her pace for even a second, everything would be over. Finished.

The blood from her previous falls was now dripping from her hands, clotting on her palm with the dirt and leaves. Her jeans, once a clean bright blue pair, now a shredded mess around the knees, slipped down the further she ran. She hiked them up and stumbled again over a root and fell down. Without a glance over her shoulder she scrunched her eyes shut and willed herself to stand up and continue, to work her weakening legs even harder. The forest seemed to be turning against her; trees looming in, pushing branches into her path, and getting darker by the minute if that was even possible; she could barely see past her arms if they were stretched out in front of her.

The monster had been consuming her all her life. It ate at her insides, tearing her to bits. It took up every waking moment and everything she did was for this monster; to keep it away from her, out of her mind. It always made its presence known. It was there, it had always been there. Would it come or would it stay away, just biding its way ‘til the time was right.

She was getting tired, her lungs were gasping for breath and her movements were getting sluggish. She knew that if she caved, that this monster was right behind her waiting for her to fail. She couldn’t. Its hot breath was burning the back of her neck, it was definitely right behind her and even with the thoughts off all that was left for her in her world, it just didn’t seem worth it. Her spark had died; her will to carry on had left her. She fell, collapsing onto herself. She braced herself for its attack, throwing her arms up trying to protect her head. She waited and every second she did felt like a year, just waiting for the savage attack that was surely to follow. But it didn’t. No attack came, just silence in the forest. Bewildered, she moved slowly, anxiously looking to see where it could possibly be. There was nothing. No monster, no animals, just a pitch black forest around her.

And then she understood. Of course there was nothing there, for the monster that had been chasing her whole life was Fear. And the girl? Well, she was Happiness.

___
checked t.b.
we are invincible.
we are invincible.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1272

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum