I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(c) Ten Seconds (M)

2 posters

Go down

(c) Ten Seconds (M) Empty (c) Ten Seconds (M)

Post by anna may tronic. Tue 09 Sep 2008, 9:35 am

Title: Ten Seconds
Rating: M - Mature themes. Drug Use, Violence
Author: peter pan.
Summary/Exerpt: How long do you think it’ll take me to hit the ground?
Warnings: Suicide, Drug use. Violence

10 SECONDS.

How long do you think it’ll take me to hit the ground? You asked it so casually, we were never that casual, always had so sort of built up tension that neither of us could explain, we we’re never that comfortable with each other, as close as we could be without being close at all. I said I didn’t know, not long enough.

That night we slept on the balcony, the next day we moved to a higher floor.

We didn’t even live there; we were street rats, scavenging and scurrying with no regard for anything other than self preservation. Self preservation and drugs. They cancel each other out you used to say, I said I know, and that that was the point, we don’t move forward we don’t move backwards we stay stationary, and that was enough for me. Not for you though. You wanted to plummet. How long do you think it would take? I estimated three seconds but I told you one, I told you one because you were scaring me, and I told you one because I knew you wouldn’t like it. Not long enough and that night you went to find a higher peak.

Snort some more cocaine. Here, have my 420, you want to get higher then this is the way to do it, not walking up fucking buildings all night. The amount of times I offered him my share of the Johnny Sniper. No, no that’s not the point he would say, you’re missing the point, and I was.

You told me you loved me when we are at 5 seconds, we found the place by accident, at least I thought we did, but you knew where the stairs we’re so I don’t know anymore. You told me you loved me just after I told you you would have five whole seconds on the way down. I said I know you do, that wasn’t enough for you anymore, and five seconds became 10. Ten and you’d jump. Ten, and I’d let you.

You didn’t love me, how could you? You didn’t know me, but you loved the idea of me and that was enough for you. I fell in love with you when we we’re high enough for eight whole seconds. Eight whole seconds of air before you became an unrecognizable mess on the cracked pavement. I think I fell in love with you because you were the only person I knew who was sicker than me. It was romantic in a way. Our track marks matched each others baby, you used to say that all time.

That night we slept on the edge of a building, you said we couldn’t not, it was the highest one we’d seen yet, and you forced me to look down while I forced you to look up, and at that moment we both got the point.

You saw what I was living for and I saw what you were dying for. Those ten seconds, and they we’re enough for you.

You’re sick. I told you that one night, we we’re both high off our faces. You were tracing the line of frogs that we’re jumping across my stomach, making a pit stop in my belly button and all you could say was I know. No, no you don’t and I grabbed your hands and laughed at you when you started looking so damn puzzled. If you’re jumping off the roof to feel the impact you’re as sick as me, if you’re jumping off the roof to feel the freedom, you’re sicker.

You hit me then, really fucking hard and I told you that was the wrong thing to do. You looked at me like I was stupid then, you can’t feel it anyway you laughed, your off your face, and I just frowned at you, on principle I remember saying, on principle it’s wrong and you just laughed even harder and pulled me close, since when do we have any principles. And I laughed to; pretty fucking hard and I asked you to hit me again.

Marry me? We we’re up to nine seconds, we found it, the building that gave you nine whole seconds until you hit the ground. Ten seconds of pure freedom become the catalyst. You wanted it just as much as in the beginning, I could see it in your eye’s, dilated and glazed. Marry me? No. Marry me? And you wouldn’t give up, and all I could ask you was why. Why? And you smiled and took my hands while you whispered to me that you’d promise to love me until the day that you died. Laughing hysterically, I started laughing hysterically as I asked you if you had found the right building yet, and you started laughing to as you said yes, it would take us a day to get there. Until you die? I was laughing again, hysteria wracking my body. You nodded and I said, you’re on baby.

I married you on the top of that building that night. I remember laughing hysterically when you said in sickness and in health and you smiled in the realization that in sickness was all we were ever gunna need. I injected you and you injected me and the deal was done. 24 hours. Twenty four hours of wedded bliss, and that was enough for both of us.

We got as high as ever before that night. I could see the shooting stars in your eye’s and you could see the wings flying around my torso as you traced the familiar path that the frogs made on my stomach. Line upon line, leading us straight into the morning. I’ll paint you a picture you said, and I just laughed because I couldn’t not. When you look down to the pavement I’ll make sure I land in the most beautiful way possible, I’ll make sure it’s beautiful for you, like you. I laughed because, you weren’t serious, you couldn’t be serious. I’ll make you the Mona Lisa. And at that moment, I knew that you were.

When we reached ten seconds I realized that you couldn’t leave me. I told you that, just that, and you just smiled so innocently at me again, that same smile that told me that I sounded utterly ridiculous. We we’re standing on the edge and you we’re looking down at the city all blurred into one bright light. It almost looks like heaven you said confidently, too bad we don’t believe in that right. Right. You can’t leave me, and I wasn’t begging or pleading, just stating a fact, you can’t because I need you. and you grabbed the back of my hand, tracing the track marks as you kissed it gently and looked me in the eyes. Just watch me your lips moved against my skin. Just watch me, and don’t forget to look down.

You let go. Steeped right of the ledge without a backwards glance.

And before I knew what I was doing I was counting

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

Six.

Seven.

Eight.

Nine.

Ten.

And I didn’t look down.

I didn’t look down when I heard screaming.

I didn’t look down when I saw the blue and red or whatever law we had left.

I didn’t look down.

Not even when they scraped the Mona Lisa right of the pavement.

I saw it up close though, duplicated it with my shaky silhouette,

10 seconds

checked. pp.J
anna may tronic.
anna may tronic.
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

(c) Ten Seconds (M) Empty Re: (c) Ten Seconds (M)

Post by the takedown. Fri 12 Sep 2008, 8:06 am

Jenna...

I love this. I love love love love it

I an't get over how fucking amazing it is. It's so well written, and it still makes me cry. it's the first email in my inbox, and it will always remain tehre forever

i fucking love it and you for writing it.
the takedown.
the takedown.
Administrator.

Male
Number of posts : 1907

http://www.iamrevolution.net

Back to top Go down