I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RAWRRRRANT.

Go down

RAWRRRRANT. Empty RAWRRRRANT.

Post by gloria- Thu 09 Oct 2008, 1:08 am

okay.
well.
i was just thinking how much i hate it when people say 'my other half', as in their significant other.
it seems to me that you shouldn't need another person to be your other half - you should be complete on your own.
i have come to believe this in the past few years as i watch my aunt search for a replacement 'other half' to fill the gap that her late husband left.
i can understand that there is a gap that he filled, and don't get me wrong, i miss him a lot, though probably not as much as my aunt and cousins. he was a father and a husband and that's a big gap to expect someone new to fill - but they shouldn't have to fill the gaping hole in your soul that you've reserved for them too. that is not only unfair but also far too clingy/dependent for a forty- to fifty-year-old bachelor who is too set in his ways to pick up and move into that hole in yourself that you want him to fill.
anyone who laughed at that last bit, please leave. i'm being serious here.
people shouldn't rely so much on their partner to fix their flaws. it's just not right - you're giving them far too much responsibility over your self, your personality, your heart...there's too much at stake to let it all go at once.

in other news, i'm hungry. there's a creepy seventeen-year-old from america who's hitting on me on da. it's pouring. i can't seem to find any music that i want to listen to. i should be working on a poster, as well as a journal entry. i should be practicing for my music test tomorrow. i'm writing. i need food. i have an oboe lesson today. i still need food and there's nothing in my house but i refuse to go outside because it's gross and chilly and gross.

and i'm not wearing any pants.
gloria-
gloria-
Literary Mentor

Female
Number of posts : 1860

http://tinkerbell.21.forumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum