I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(c) Mirrors (PG-13)

2 posters

Go down

(c) Mirrors (PG-13) Empty (c) Mirrors (PG-13)

Post by ChemicallyImbalanced Thu 30 Oct 2008, 12:31 pm

Title: Mirrors
Rating: PG-13
Type: One-Shot

Andy told me to post this on here so...yeah.

MIRRORS

“You look nice today.”

Ryan looked up from the book he was reading to see Brendon standing in front of him, a grin on his face. He smiled back.

“I’m in my pyjamas,” he laughed.

“Don’t care,” Brendon shrugged, squeezing himself onto the one-seater chair that Ryan was sitting on, “you still look beautiful.”

Ryan chuckled softly. “You’re so weird.”

Brendon smiled again, before snuggling against Ryan as he continued to read his book in silence.

Ryan liked it when his boyfriend gave him attention. When he said he looked pretty or beautiful, when he told Ryan that he liked what he was wearing. It made Ryan feel happy and wanted, and he liked that feeling.

It wasn’t long before Ryan wanted more than just his boyfriend to say he was beautiful. He wanted his friends to say it too. He wanted people on the street to tell him he looked good. Ryan liked that, Ryan liked the attention.

Brendon began to notice little things change about Ryan. He’d put on eyeliner even if he was running down to the shops across the street to get some milk. He brushed his hair as soon as he got out of bed, as if trying to hide his bed hair, sometimes sex hair, from anyone but himself. And it bothered Brendon, although he couldn’t exactly figure out why.

Brendon’s thoughts seemed to rattle around noisily in the back of his brain. He didn’t say anything to Ryan, because he could just be overanalysing the entire situation. However, Brendon’s thoughts were brought to the front of his mind when Ryan came home one week later with a brand new wardrobe.

“You don’t have money for this,” Brendon stated as he looked in awe at the clothes Ryan had just dumped on the bed.

“I used some money I had saved up.”

“Your rainy day money?”

“Sure, whatever you want to call it. It’s just savings Bren. I was gonna use it on something sometime.”

Brendon looked down a little disappointed. Ryan had told him a month ago he’d been saving that money for Brendon’s birthday present. He shrugged it off, coming to the conclusion that Ryan had probably forgotten.

“So you thought you needed a new wardrobe because…” Brendon started.

“I want to look good.”

“You look fine Ry. You always look beautiful.” Ryan smiled but sighed.

“I meant for tonight, around everyone else.”

“Everyone else? What’s happening tonight?”

Ryan bit his lip sheepishly.

“Pete’s having a party…”

“I really didn’t feel like coming tonight,” Brendon complained.

“It’ll be fine Bren. We’ll have loads of fun,” Ryan said, smiling at his boyfriend reassuringly as he got out of the cab. He grabbed Brendon’s hand and led him inside the club; the vibrations from the music could be felt as their feet hit the floor when they got inside.

Before long, Ryan had found Gabe, the tall man towering over him, and started a conversation after receiving a compliment on his new jacket. Ryan’s happy feeling bubbled in his stomach. This was exactly what he wanted. He wanted people to tell him things like that; things that made him feel good.

Brendon tried to join in the conversation at times, but found that Ryan and Gabe kept interrupting him, so he sat down at the bar, a couple of meters away from Ryan, giving up on trying to talk.

“You’re boyfriend doesn’t look like he’s having much fun,” Gabe smirked, gesturing to Brendon. Ryan turned around to look as well.

“Just leave him, he’ll be fine.” Gabe shrugged and began talking again.

Brendon had a drink in front of him, but he hadn’t touched it. Ryan said that they’d have fun, but at the moment, Ryan was having fun talking to Gabe and he was sitting at the bar completely bored and starting to get a headache from the loud music coming from the speakers.

Brendon looked back over his shoulder to see Ryan still talking with Gabe, a drink in his hand that was half empty. The constant pounding of the music in the club created the painful pounding in his head. The bright lights that reflected from the ceiling to all walls of the room started to hurt his eyes, and after twenty more minutes of trying to ignore the pain, he got up, walking over to Ryan.

Ryan turned as he felt someone tug on his jacket sleeve lightly. Brendon stood there staring at him, before leaning in to whisper something in his ear.

“I wanna go home Ry.”

He said it quietly, guilty of interrupting Ryan’s fun, but Ryan wasn’t at all mad and five minutes later they were climbing into the back seat of a cab.

Ryan wrapped his arms around Brendon as the younger boy curled into him.

“You okay?” he asked softly.

“I got a headache,” Brendon replied. Ryan kissed his forehead gently.

“I love you.”

“I love you too,” Brendon mumbled into Ryan’s shirt, already half asleep.

It was the seventh time in two weeks that Ryan had left Brendon alone to go out to a party or go clubbing. At first, he asked if Brendon wanted to go, but after the first few times of Brendon refusing, he stopped asking and just went.

Brendon barely saw Ryan now, despite the fact that they lived in the same apartment. Ryan was too hung over in the mornings for Brendon to wake up, and when Brendon went out and came back, Ryan had already gone out again, or was still asleep. Occasionally they spent some time together, when Ryan didn’t have anything else to do, but it was a rare occasion that they spent the night together watching the television snuggled up together on the couch like they used to.

After a couple of weeks, Brendon couldn’t take it anymore. He hadn’t had a decent conversation with his boyfriend in a week, and he didn’t like that. He needed to talk to Ryan, see him, feel him. It felt like Ryan was neglecting him, and Brendon needed Ryan. He was too dependant on the older boy.

So he decided that he’d wait up for Ryan. Stay awake until he came home, and then they could talk, even if he was completely drunk.

It was nearly half past one in the morning, and Brendon sat on the king sized bed, darkness around him as he hadn’t been bothered to turn on the lights. There was a creak somewhere in the house.

“Ryan?” Brendon asked the empty apartment. His voice echoed off the walls and bounced back to his ears. The noise had woken him from his half asleep state and he was more alert now. Brendon soon realised that it wasn’t him, and the thought that maybe Ryan wouldn’t be home for a couple more hours hit him suddenly, an overwhelming sadness gripping him. He bit his lip softly as water welled in his eyes, starting to cry softly.

The clock was just nearing two when Brendon heard the door open and close, before seeing his boyfriend appear in the doorway. Ryan stood there, staring at Brendon who had tears rolling down his cheeks slowly. He’d had a couple of drinks that night, but he wasn’t drunk.

Ryan moved over to Brendon’s crying figure and stood in front of him, worry written on his face.

“What’s wrong Brennie? What happened?”

Brendon didn’t stop crying, and so Ryan sat beside him on the bed, moving his arms around the younger boy’s waist. It took a couple of minutes for Brendon to slow down his crying.

“I-I never see you any-anymore, and you’re supposed to be my b-boyfriend. You never s-spend any time with me. Please don’t l-leave me. Please don’t,” he choked out, clutching onto Ryan’s thin t-shirt tighter, as if as soon as he let go Ryan would disappear into thin air.

Ryan knew what he was talking about. Ryan knew that he spent too much time out with friends and out with strangers. He spent too much time making himself look nice, because he liked how they told him how good his hair, his clothes, and his shoes looked.

Ryan rocked him in his arms, and Brendon was hiccupping now.

“You’re not-, you can’t-, you- you- I love you.”

Ryan held him tighter, if it were possible, hugging him as if he were his life source, hugging him with as much love as he could. They collapsed back on the bed, still in each other’s arms. They stayed in silence, before both boys were nearly asleep.

“I want you to stay with me forever. I don’t care what you look like, you shouldn’t either,” Brendon whispered tiredly.

“I just like attention,” He whispered back, shrugging a little. Brendon looked up at him.

“Just stop caring what other people think of you, then you won’t want it anymore.”

Ryan let a little laugh escape his lips, and there was a long silence before Ryan said anything else.

“I can’t promise. But I’ll try,” he whispered into his boyfriend’s ear.

Brendon was already asleep.

Last edited by Sam Sparro on Thu 30 Oct 2008, 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : checked: SS)
ChemicallyImbalanced
ChemicallyImbalanced
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 235

http://www.twitter.com/acousticlena

Back to top Go down

(c) Mirrors (PG-13) Empty Re: (c) Mirrors (PG-13)

Post by proust. Thu 30 Oct 2008, 11:22 pm

ChemicallyImbalanced wrote:
Andy told me to post this on here so...yeah.
and I like it when people do as I say.
lol@chu
I just liked the story and thought people on here would also find it worth reading.
I'm -surely- to give a proper review soon, I only commented in a rush on mibba because I just snapped when the chick brought Stephen King -who I strongly dislike- into the matter.
X D
proust.
proust.
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum