I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forever.

Go down

Forever. Empty Forever.

Post by bittersweet. Mon 03 Nov 2008, 1:37 am

I see so many people around me promising forever and all that jazz. And I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only person who realizes that it's not smart to ever say that.

I promised forever to Abby, Jessica, Halle, Brenna, Emily, Meghan, Jackie, Corey...I've broken the promise for each one. Three of them can't stand me because of my faith. One of them hates me for my lack of faith...in her. One of them tells me I'm too fat. The others I've just grown away from. But the point? Forever panned out to nothing.

Even on this site. I daren't say anything like that to anyone here, because I know that it's easily not true. I don't even say forever to Katie anymore, because we know how easily it could be broken.

I don't say it because I know that I'm just as frivolous and volatile as any other teenager on this planet. I know that things can change in the twinkling of an eye, because they have and they will.

But then there are people my age and younger promising forever to girlfriends, boyfriends, friends...and everything in between. Just because they're not in anyone else's head, they believe that they feel things more strongly than others. They think that their forever means something.

Then they break up or get in a fight and it turns to nothing. And yet...even after that...they say forever the next time, too, and the next. They never seem to realize that they mean it just as much as they did the first time.

No matter how much I feel for someone, I will only say forever jokingly. As in BFF's or BFFL's. But I won't say it seriously, won't mean it except for one thing.

And I've been shunned ever since I mentioned the one thing, so it's not like anyone wants to hear it.

Don't hate me for saying this, if you don't already hate me. I'm just speaking the truth. And this was not a specific attack on anyone, though I did have a few people in mind when I wrote it.

Last edited by Gianna on Mon 03 Nov 2008, 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : text was too small.)

bittersweet.
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 522

Back to top Go down