I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby P review ordered.

2 posters

Go down

Baby P review ordered. Empty Baby P review ordered.

Post by belle of the boulevard. Sun 16 Nov 2008, 4:15 am

Baby P, real name protected for legal reasons, was a toddler who died after suffering absolutely horrible abuse at the hands of his mother, her boyfriend, and a lodger in the flat where the group resided.

It's been well publicised here because the council involved was the one responsible for the death of victoria climbié eight years ago, so they look pretty damn incompetent.

A review has now been ordered into why this child died and to ascertain the root cause, plus trials of those believed to be involved.

more information here.

personally i think that this is just beyond comprehension.

i can't believe that you could willingly do that to your own baby. i'm not a parent but i want to be in the distant future, and i just can't bring myself to think of me doing that to my child.
the social services really failed this poor baby too, and the hospital, which culminated in a really appalling tragedy which has probably called a lot of people's jobs into question, not to mention the roles of social services versus the police in these cases. the real shame is that it's happened before, with victoria climbié, and something very similar happened to her.

thoughts?
belle of the boulevard.
belle of the boulevard.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1912

http://www.twitter.com/hellopolly

Back to top Go down

Baby P review ordered. Empty Re: Baby P review ordered.

Post by runaway therapy Fri 21 Nov 2008, 3:26 am

I think one of the worst things about this case is that someone in social services wanted Baby P to go into care, but they were overruled, and that Baby P was taken in whilst his mother was in jail, but was then given back to her?!

I don't know, I just think that the social services passed by far too many reasons to take him into care, but they didn't because they trusted the parents. I agree with you on the last bit, the worst thing was it was in the same neighborhood [don't hold me to that, I'm not sure], and certainly the same council...you'd just think they'd be a bit more careful after what happened to Victoria Climbié.

^ I don't think Baby P's father was living in the house...but still, who beats up a baby?
runaway therapy
runaway therapy
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by belle of the boulevard. Fri 21 Nov 2008, 4:07 am

there were other men in the house, but i don't know what relation they were to the baby.

edit: it was the mother and her boyfriend, i never mentioned baby p's father.
belle of the boulevard.
belle of the boulevard.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1912

http://www.twitter.com/hellopolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down