I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm doing the Oscars, so don't read this because of pure length.

5 posters

Go down

I'm doing the Oscars, so don't read this because of pure length. Empty I'm doing the Oscars, so don't read this because of pure length.

Post by Jack Skellington Mon 23 Feb 2009, 4:54 pm

So, as you know, last night was the Oscars, aka the Academy awards. I'm gonna put these in chronological order they way they happened irl.

It started out pretty well with Penelope Cruz winning Best Actress in a Supporting Role. Sure, I didn't see any of the movies listed, so shoot me.

Then it was Best Original Screenplay, for which Milk won. I wasn't too upset that Wall-E hadn't won because I knew it wouldn't. The Oscars don't treat animated films like real movies.

Then, Best Adapted Screenplay, which basically means something based on a book, a Broadway show, or real life events. Slumdog Millionaire won it, for the book Q&A. I'm pretty sure they don't have an English translation on Q&A so if I find one, I'll talk about it. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (aka CCBB) did not win it because it was a 3 hour movie based on a short story. -__- Frost/Nixon was based on the Broadway show which was based on real life, and Doubt and The Reader were both based on books (I'm not sure about this. Fact check me.)

After that, it was Best Animated Film. Let's take a wild guess at who would win it out of these: Wall-E, Kung-Fu Panda, or Bolt. -cough Wall-E cough- Is there really a contest? Kung-Fu Panda was cute, but not Oscar-worthy. How the hell do you nominate a movie w/ Miley Cyrus in it for an Oscar?!!
After that it was Best Short Animated Film. whatnow? O_O I hadn't seen any of them but Presto either. La Maison en Petits Cubes was what won it and a rough translation means the House of Little Cubes. Or bricks. I don't know.

Anywho, after that it was Best Art Direction. CCBB won that, and I can't pass judgment on art direction when a) I'm not an art director and b) I honestly don't know what they do. lol@chu
Best Costume Design went to The Duchess for obvious reasons. Did you get a glimpse of what they had Keira Knightly wearing?!? Really, they deserved at least that.
Then it was Best Makeup, which sadly went to CCBB. How do you give them an award for something either one of the other nominees should've won? I mean, the other two were The Dark Knight for obvious reasons and Hellboy 2, also for obvious reasons. You couldn't even tell it was Heath, and they had to full-body paint some of the characters in H2, not to mention just the makeup in general.

Best Cinematography. The ones nominated could've easily won, but happily Slumdog Millionaire (aka SM) won. I freakin' love this movie because it is so sososososososososososo good.

Best Short Film Live Action was a German film that I don't know what it is. whatnow? O_O

Best Actor in a Supporting Role. God bless it. We all knew he was gonna win it because not only is he dead, but he played a mean Joker too. We adrisole you Heath Ledger. R.I.P.

Best Documentary- Man On Wire, which I sadly didn't see. I've seen the last few movies that have won or been nominated, so I feel bad about not seeing it.
Best Short Documentary- Smile Pinki, which I also didn't see which I feel bad about not seeing.

Best Visual Effects- CCBB. WHAT THE FUCK. HOW DID THIS WIN IT?!!? Really, over Iron Man and TDK? Really? One character over a cast and props? Damn you. At this point, I gave up on the Oscars.
Best Sound Editing- The Dark Knight. Well deserved. Some hope restored.

Then Slumdog Millionaire won 4 awards in a row, for Best Sound Mixing, Best Film Editing, Best Score and Best Song. Two of the three songs nominated for Best Song were from Slumdog so it wouldn't make sense if they hadn't won it.

Best Foreign Film- the Japanese film Departures. We all thought this other movie, Waltz With Bashir which was apparently The Best Movie Ever. Oh well. GO JAPAN. WHOOP. lol@chu

Best Direction- it was between SM, CCBB, The Reader, Milk, and Frost/Nixon. SM rightfully won it.

Best Actress in a Leading Role- Kate Winslet for The Reader. I won't go on because I haven't seen any of the movies. whatnow? O_O
Best Actor in a Leading Role- Sean Penn for his depiction of Harvey Milk. See above for lack of description.

Lastly, Best Picture. It was between Slumdog, CCBB, Milk, The Reader, and Frost/Nixon. I think from what happened that night, it's quite obvious who won.

GO SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE.
whatnow? O_O

Last edited by Misery's Lover on Mon 23 Feb 2009, 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : encoding problems.)
Jack Skellington
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690

http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

I'm doing the Oscars, so don't read this because of pure length. Empty Re: I'm doing the Oscars, so don't read this because of pure length.

Post by the way Mon 23 Feb 2009, 7:19 pm

whats slumdog about?
the way
the way
Red Scare

Male
Number of posts : 530

http://www.twitter.com/shindiggs

Back to top Go down

I'm doing the Oscars, so don't read this because of pure length. Empty Re: I'm doing the Oscars, so don't read this because of pure length.

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo Mon 23 Feb 2009, 7:28 pm

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire set in another country, I think, right?

And the kid's really good at it. I THINK.

Wikipedia away~
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2291

http://www.myspace.com/_tragic_with_a_capital_T_

Back to top Go down

Post by . Mon 23 Feb 2009, 7:35 pm

yeah it's about this really poor like...slum kid from india and how he wins who wants to be a millionaire. i haven't seen it but i heard it's great...

and omg milk.
you should see that.
it's fucking amazing.

Administrator.

Female
Number of posts : 367

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo Mon 23 Feb 2009, 7:50 pm

I relied on the news guy from my source, so blame him if I'm wrong.

Go find him. you have pleased him

Omg Marlee I've heard Milk was EPIC
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2291

http://www.myspace.com/_tragic_with_a_capital_T_

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Skellington Mon 23 Feb 2009, 11:49 pm

Slumdog Millionaire was about how this 19ish year old kid won 20 million rupees and how he knew all the answers. I plan on seeing Milk, Marlee. you have pleased him That and Frost/Nixon.
Jack Skellington
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690

http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by she had the world. Tue 24 Feb 2009, 7:42 pm

I like that CCBB one the best visual effects, because most of the times the movies that do win are movies like Iron Man or the Dark Knight which depend a lot on visual effects.

But the way they pulled it off in CCBB was different, something you don't see often. It was a creative way to make the character seem more realistic, and obviously took a lot of work to age Brad Pitt the way that they did. I don't think it should purely be based off how impressive it may seem in the film, but on how much thought and time and effort went into the visual effects to make the character work and to convince the audience.

Things you see in the other movies have been seen before, but this hasn't... not really.
she had the world.
she had the world.
Administrator.

Female
Number of posts : 509

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down