I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short Stack

3 posters

Go down

Short Stack Empty Short Stack

Post by LADIES AND GENTLEMEN Mon 02 Mar 2009, 11:39 am

So I met Short Stack.

Short Stack Qn4ebo

They're pretty much amazing. They only played three songs for the instore, because hey had to go and play a gig with the ~Veronicas, who Shaun totally has a crush on btw. It's really quite adorable how he thinks he's straight.

(Also just throwing it out there that he plays a tele and uses a vox amp, yes please.)

Anyway, they started with Drop Dead Gorgeous, then played Princess and finished with Shimmy a Go Go. They were actually really fucking amazing. I'm not gonna lie - when they first started their live performances were crap (specifically Shaun had a hard time singing live). But you can tell from the live recordings of them that they're just getting better and better. I'm glad. It's nice to watch them ~grow and stuff.

I got my princess cover signed, but nothing else. I could have, but I didnt want to piss them off. Because seriously - the meet and greet line was like two hundred people long, mostly screaming teenaged girls, and I just felt so bad for them. Like, the girl in front of me had already met them once, and was crying and like "I TOLD BRADIE THAT I LOVE HIM!" and I was like ummmmm o_o

But, we got to talk to them quite a bit which was really awesome.

Andy was first, and I was like, standing in like *staring* because okay they're all amazing and I love them first and formost for their amazing music but dear christ he is hot. And he's such an utter sweetheart, omg. He's just really down to earth and not 'rockstar' at all. I told him I was glad to finally have them in Perth, and congratulated them on their performance. He was like all Thanks i r pleased. and he was just really sweet and adorable and I kind of wanted to smoosh him to death.

Bradie was hellllllla out of it. He was really nice though, he was like 'Aw, do you want a hug?' to the crying girl when he saw her the second time. I asked him why he had his drums so high and he was like "I dunno, I know it's weird but it's kind of easier for me to play that way." and we talked about what it was like having thousands of screaming fangirls.

Shaun was... so very very gay. But he's just adorable omg. I was like "Hey, I just wanted to thank yuo guys for how much you've helped me. I went through kind of a slump and didnt want to do music any more for a while but you've kind of inspired me to keep playing."

And he got this huge grin on his face and he was like 'Aw, thanks, so you play guitar then?' and I was like 'Umm... well I play guitar, and flute, and piano and I sing and a bit of bass,' and his eyes pm got bigger with every instrument, and he was like 'Wow, you SHOULD be playing!'

And I just smiled and was like 'Yeah well it's your fault I am!' and he gave me this look like... IDK like he was actually genuinely grateful.

They were just so... genuine I guess. All three of them seemed really glad to have someone congratulate them on their music and not go on about how much they loved them or take photos.

I just really really love them. Shaun does reply to a bunch of his myspace comments/messages so I think I'm going to write him a follow-up message and pretty much just be like 'Look, of course you're good looking, but I just wanted you to know that you have a bunch of fans that think you play really amazing music', because, well, I kind of get it.

I mean, when I was on mibba I was kind of ~famous, and like, I'd put up a new story and get one or two comments but I'd put up a new photo and I'd get this HUGE influx of them from people I'd never even spoken to. Sure, it's not to the extent that he has to deal with, but I know how much it fucking sucks to try and stay true to yourself as an artist when nine out of ten comments are about your appearance.

So yeah, in short - I love them. I really love them and I'm so proud to have such a wonderful, successful band come out of Australia. Okay, so we have TLE and they're world famous, and in perth there's Elora Danan and Gyroscope and End of Fashion and Sugar Army and Little Birdy and a bunch of really talented acts, but I guess... these guys are different. They've helped me in ways other bands haven't been able to and they've given me hope in aussie pop punk and they're just something really really special. And I'm glad to live in the same country as them.

And I'm gonna be the first one at their concert when they come back here on a headlining tour.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Administrator.

Male
Number of posts : 3875

http://mformikey.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Short Stack Empty Re: Short Stack

Post by P R I N C E S S Mon 02 Mar 2009, 7:24 pm

OhAiZ Mikeeee u iz so hawt. luff yourr h@ir!!!1fuckme!!!! <3 ur n3w picturez. we shuld totz h00k upz!!!

Soz Marlee jkjk.

I met them in Wollongong when I saw The Veronica's too. They were really awesome, we (myself, and my sister Katie) were one of the last few people to meet them. All the chicks infront of us had like osm scene hair and peircings and short stack t-shirts. And there I was in black skinnies with this fitted checked shirt from this little no-name shop in Tathra. Needless to say, I felt a little unimpressive. But I thought the same as you, that they were all really cool. Andi was so cute and all shy and Bradie was all yeah hugs and he said he liked my hair (which I found strange considering all the scene girls and guys with osm hair that had gone before me.) Then I got to Shaun. FUCKING EPIC! Like you said he was really cool to have a conversation with. We talked about Thick As Theives ad how epic it is and how glad I was that they played it and he said how much he loves it and that's why they play it last. And then he asked where I was from and I said Dubbo (and explained that it was like 5 hours away) and he was like wicked impressed that we had come that far to see them.

... uh sorry for taking over your journal Mikey... I just wanted tp share my own Short Stack experience. WHICH WAS EPIC!!
P R I N C E S S
P R I N C E S S
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 639

Back to top Go down

Post by LADIES AND GENTLEMEN Mon 02 Mar 2009, 7:27 pm

Dude that's cool, it's nice to not be the only one that likes them

Because I have my sister and one friend who like them and neither of them are as ~obsessive as me.

T___T veronicas, omg I wish so much I'd gotten to see them there. My friend Mhairi (FUCT up) recorded a few songs for me I think.

And yeah, they were just so awesome.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Administrator.

Male
Number of posts : 3875

http://mformikey.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo Mon 02 Mar 2009, 10:05 pm

LOL THE VERONICAAAS

they're actually good. :')