I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Will Rock You

Go down

We Will Rock You Empty We Will Rock You

Post by Galileo Figaro Mon 10 Aug 2009, 7:12 pm

[Posting this here as well, 'cause everyone needs to know how amazing this is. Originally from my blog.]

Oh mah fah gah.

We just watched a recording of We Will Rock You (hereafter known as WWRY), the musical based on Queen songs, and it was just as amazing as I thought it would be. The songs, the theatrics, the lights and backdrops -- everything about it screamed 'EFFING EPIC', and effing epic it was. Honestly, I was just sitting at home watching it and some parts were so huge I wanted to cry; I imagine that if I'd actually been in the theatre, I'd have been bawling my damn eyes out.

Oh, gosh, Under Pressure, their version is my favourite ever, I swear. Before I'd heard their cover, I hadn't even liked the Queen/Bowie one, okay. After I did, I couldn't stop listening to it. I love the chemistry between Galileo Figaro and Scaramouche in the cast I saw. Their different versions of I Want to Break Free were cute. Who Wants to Live Forever was so miserable and touching and lovely and beautiful. They sounded so vulnerable and everything, and, dang it, how could you not have felt sad?

And, and, it's like Bohemian Rhapsody was meant to be sung in a musical by tens of people, that was just amazing. Of course, WWRY and We Are the Champions (WATC) were awesome. I thought they were closing the show with WATC, but then this screen appeared, with the words, 'Do you want Bohemian Rhapsody?' and the audience cheered. 'Oh, alright, then...' and then Galileo Figaro appeared and the piano started. So cute.

I love the songs I Want It All and Headlong, but they weren't all that amazing in the musical. I think it was the black guy, Britney Spears (LMAO LMAO LMAO) -- I didn't really like his voice, it didn't seem strong enough. These are songs which need powerful, Freddie Mercury voices (yeah, sorry for stating the obvious), and, sorry, Britney, you didn't really do them justice. (I giggled each time they said his name.)

Love how they slipped in Don't Stop Me Now; would've loved it even more if they'd found some excuse to include the whole song. It's one of my favourite songs of all time (no, really), so I was slightly put out when it was cut short. They put a more fun spin on Crazy Little Thing Called Love, which was rather enjoyable, while It's a Kind of Magic and Radio Gaga were allowed to retain their dreamy-epic-snap, snap/clapclap feel. One Vision too, I think.

Flash (I bloody hate that song) was found a rather fitting part in the musical, and right after that came Seven Seas of Rhye. Fat Bottomed Girls was majorly, majorly sesat [A/N: 'out of place', for those who don't know], and you had to groan when they started singing Bicycle. Oh, Killer Queen was good, haha.

Here I am trying to remember every song there was in there when I know it's impossible. Giving up now.

There were several references to the Beatles, only some of which I got. For example:

Britney Spears (LMAO LMAO LMAO): Who are you?
Galileo Figaro: I am... I Am the Walrus!

Lololol.

You know another reason I want to cry? I could have gone to see it. I could have gone and watched all this amazing epicness firsthand, I could have bawled my eyes out and not given a shit what my mother thought of her lunatic, crying daughter, I could have felt the atmosphere of the theatre change with each scene, I could have freaking sung along to WWRY and WATC with them!

They came to Singapore last year, and my mom and I wanted to go see it, and we were actually going to get tickets and take a coach down, but I-can't-remember-what came up, and we didn't go. I can't remember what it was that stopped us from going, which is probably a good thing; if I did, I'd be agonising even more, okay. I think Daniel's dad want, Daniel told me. Lucky lucky lucky.

Anyway. What I really want now is the CD. You know how at musicals, at the merch table, they sometimes sell audio versions of the musical? Yeah, I reallyreally want that now. And I know such things exist, because my parents have the Phantom of the Opera one. It's currently residing in my room, because I love Overture.

Dang it, I have Radio Gaga stuck in my head now. I don't even really like that song.

And now I reallyreally want to change my Twitter or IAR or some username or other to Galileo Figaro, 'cause it sounds so out there. Scaramouche would work as well. Hmm.

Tony Vincent vs. Mig Ayesa? D: If we'd gone, we would've seen Mig Ayesa, anyway. They both play Galileo Figaro, if you didn't know. I don't know the name of the girl whom I saw, but I like her and only her, after having seen bits of other Scaramouches.

Alllll we hear is
Ra-di-o Gaga...
Galileo Figaro
Galileo Figaro
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1038

http://anothermessedupkid.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down