I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divorce

+14
drackie.
LPluver7
we are invincible.
belle of the boulevard.
makoto kino.
ihaztinkinmyhair
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
zero
sullen riot.
street spirit (fade out).
Breakdown
Insurgentes
Alice in Wonderland.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
18 posters

Go down

Divorce Empty Divorce

Post by LADIES AND GENTLEMEN Tue 16 Sep 2008, 8:35 pm

Or separation.

Your thoughts?

My parents had been together for seventeen years when they finally split up.
To be honest, I think it was great.

Some breakups are really messy, but they stayed good friends, and they're both a lot happier.

So, whose parents arent together any more?
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Administrator.

Male
Number of posts : 3875

http://mformikey.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Divorce Empty Re: Divorce

Post by Alice in Wonderland. Tue 16 Sep 2008, 10:28 pm

My parents divorced when I was four.
My dad verbally abused my mom, so it was a good thing.
My mom has been divorced three other times, but she remarried her second husband. [They're together now.]

I think divorce, personally, is entirely too abundant and that people don't always try anymore because it's so simple to say "well, let's just get divorced".
Alice in Wonderland.
Alice in Wonderland.
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 329

http://myspace.com/goaskdruscilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Insurgentes Tue 16 Sep 2008, 11:30 pm

My parents divorced when I was 5 going on 6 years old. My dad was abusive both verbally and physically to her, and verbally to his three children. He also cheated on her and had a child with another woman, which is when the divorce was filed. My dad and mum are still "friends", but the term is used loosely because he's such a jackass to her most of the time and it's hard to get any kindness out of him. He is always finding her faults and making her feel like shit.

Marriage doesn't seem to mean anything anymore, mind you, I don't think it's worth getting married in the first place these days. Too many divorces happen, too many lives get torn apart.

Insurgentes
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 415

http://serena-vox.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Breakdown Wed 17 Sep 2008, 4:22 am

My parents divorced when I was seven, and my dad moved away.
A couple of years later my mom re-married and then when I was in grade 8 they divorced.

Then in psych this year I find out that there are studies that are trying to prove that divorce could have something to do with genetics.
If it does, well I'm fucked.
Might as well just not get married.
Breakdown
Breakdown

Female
Number of posts : 6182

http://ordinaryxday.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by street spirit (fade out). Thu 18 Sep 2008, 5:37 pm

My parents divorced when I was 8. I cried for an hour and a half on my mom's lap and she just told me it would be okay.

They were together for fourteen years, but my mom's put my dad through hell. He said he would have left earlier but he didn't want another man to raise me as his daughter so he went through all the stress, the abuse, just for me.

To be honest, I am really glad they're divorced because if they were still married I'm sure one of them would have killed the other from all the hatred.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1671

http://offkeymelodies.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sullen riot. Fri 19 Sep 2008, 8:32 pm

My parents aren't divorced, but tbh, I wish they would. They always keep fighting, and I have to deal with both of their yelling and bitching every day.
It's frustrating, because they work together and own the same company, so it'll be a pretty messy divorce. Besides, it's still somewhat taboo to get a divorce around here, it's pretty hush hush.

But anyway, yeah. Not divorced, but close. My mom keeps saying "next time we fight", but eh.
I think staying together for the kids is a load of crap.
sullen riot.
sullen riot.
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 613

Back to top Go down

Post by zero Fri 19 Sep 2008, 8:47 pm

I wish my parents would get one.
:\

And they're not fighting or anything like that. I just hate my father so much. He has another family to take care of anyway.
Mother knows that too, she said "it's love" that she can't let go of him but I think it's bullshit.

It's all just really dumb.

When I was seven, my brother was ten, they (mother, father and the other wife) got into a big riot. And I just hated it all. I didn't even understand anything, just that every night when we went to bed, my mother would cry to me because of how shitty things were.

And we had to move out and shit. :\ Moved to Vegas, figured we couldn't take it anymore there and moved back about a year later. I don't think my mother knows that he's breaking the law and that if they seperated ,she could get loads of stuff from it.
zero
zero
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1813

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo Sat 20 Sep 2008, 7:47 am

My best friend's parents divorced when we were both, like, three.

It's weird. We all used to be together all the time. I love her dad, though. He's pretty cool, like my Uncle, because I've known her since she was born, literally.

But... her dad's happy now, he's with someone the family all knew for awhile.
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2291

http://www.myspace.com/_tragic_with_a_capital_T_

Back to top Go down

Post by ihaztinkinmyhair Sat 20 Sep 2008, 4:35 pm

My parents are together.
They used to fight when I was younger, but they "stayed together for the kids" and everything worked out alright.

I have a friend who's parents have been divorced as long as she can remember. And they live down the street from each other, so she can walk between the 2 houses easily. The weird thing is, her parents are like best friends now.... and her dad is gay, which is probably why they got a divorce in the first place.
ihaztinkinmyhair
ihaztinkinmyhair
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by makoto kino. Wed 24 Sep 2008, 5:07 pm

Mine divorced when I was 6, but they separated when I was 5.
Both my parents were at fault in once way or another, my mother cheated and was abusive to me and my brother, and my dad gambled money and was abusive to her. It was a bit of a vicious cycle.
I think it was for the best, although I agree divorce is taken too lightly.
My step mum and my dad fight alot and always threaten divorce, but I know it will never happen.

divorce tears families apart.
makoto kino.
makoto kino.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by belle of the boulevard. Mon 13 Oct 2008, 11:57 pm

i've never really been exposed to divorce, and there's never been one in the family.

i know i'm really lucky for that, in many ways.
belle of the boulevard.
belle of the boulevard.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1912

http://www.twitter.com/hellopolly

Back to top Go down

Post by we are invincible. Tue 14 Oct 2008, 12:03 pm

^ that's how I feel. Lot's of divorce in my family. My mum was married to another guy and she had my sister with him.

I just found out a family friend's husbamd just left her for his rich, second cousin. The kids hate him now, won't even speak to him.
It makes me really sad. naww, diddums.
we are invincible.
we are invincible.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1272

Back to top Go down

Post by makoto kino. Wed 15 Oct 2008, 3:22 pm

I hate how much ~hate divorces manifest.
makoto kino.
makoto kino.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by LPluver7 Tue 04 Nov 2008, 9:52 am

Divorce really sucks when you're a teenager and you have a million other problems to worry about other than your parents constantly jumping down each other's throats. These other things to worry about include but are not limited to trying to fit in, getting good grades in school because they actually count now, making trustworthy friends, dealing with drama going on, dealing with your pain of a brother who isn't even home half of the time, dealing with your pain of a sister who just doesn't understand the meanings of "Be quiet" and "Stop Whining," and dealing with acne that just doesn't seam to want to go away no matter what I do. People that had parents divorce when they were young are luckier than people like me. Not saying that they are lucky, but luckier than me. I still love both of my parents, even if they don't love each other the way they used to.
LPluver7
LPluver7
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice in Wonderland. Thu 06 Nov 2008, 1:54 am

I just remembered a story my mother told me and so I wanted to post here.
My parents got married in high school when my mother was pregnant with me.
My dad never raised a hand to my mother, but he was verbally abusive and toward the end he started throwing things near her but not at her.
I was four.
My mother was crying because my dad had thrown something.
And I went up to her and said, "Mommy, please don't divorce Daddy. I'll ask him to stop throwing things at you".
And that was when she knew she had to divorce him.
Alice in Wonderland.
Alice in Wonderland.
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 329

http://myspace.com/goaskdruscilla

Back to top Go down

Post by drackie. Wed 07 Jan 2009, 5:52 pm

My mum and my sisters dad are divorced.

So my mum married 'Ross' and then had my sister, I think they were married for around three year's or something.
But my mum say's they didn't last because 'Ross' refused to grow up.
Then they got divorced, and my mum met my dad.
Had my brother and me.
But 'Ross' thought because mum remarried he didn't have to pay child support, ect. So my parent's were in fights with him from since I can remember 'till I was about seven and my sister moved out.
And he was mean to my brother and I.
But luckily I didn't see him much because he lived on the other side of the country.

But I wish my parents would get divorced.
I hate my father.

Last edited by drackie. on Thu 08 Jan 2009, 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
drackie.
drackie.
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 686

Back to top Go down

Post by drummerspork Wed 07 Jan 2009, 6:05 pm

my parents divorced when i was 15. two days after xmas O.o
dad was cheating on mum. they didnt fight once in 20 years and then it went *splodey*. THIS SMILEY IS EVIL
the papers only became official about 6 months ago. dad remarried like.. 2 years ago i think. mum keeps talking about it. dad wants half the money that is made from selling mums house. even though he never helped pay the bills. talk to it.
drummerspork
drummerspork
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by trailingbehind Fri 09 Jan 2009, 7:54 am

With the statistics just rising for divorce these days, it makes you wonder why people keep getting married and believing in the fairtytale of happily ever after.

What does marriage really signify? I mean we all know the answers, love, trust, commitment. But I mean what does it really signify.

I think it's almost about some sort of success to the rest of the world, "look, I have a partner, I am happy". Wow, that's kind of cynical, but I think it's true.

But I still want to get married one day. And my parents divorced when I was 6 or 7.
trailingbehind
trailingbehind
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Olympia's theme song. Thu 26 Feb 2009, 2:35 am

My parents divorced when I was 8. My sister was 13.
For me, it was scary or whatever then but I didn't fully understand until I got older.
My sister, on the other hand, got completely screwed over by it all. She was a daddy's girl. My dad used to coach all her sports teams, he took her everywhere, they were best friends.
When he left, her whole life fell apart...She's still healing like now. And it's been 7 years.

It sucks for me though too. Divorce affects everybody, you know?
I find myself crying often for him. I miss having a Daddy. Having somebody I belong to on this earth. Having that not so disfunctional family.
Olympia's theme song.
Olympia's theme song.
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by mydarlingemma Wed 11 Mar 2009, 10:42 pm

My parents divorced when I was...four or five. It was messy. My dad (drunken drug abusing bastard that he is/was) had cheated on my mom. He came home drunk a lot, and stole from my mom more than once.
He wouldn't sign the papers to sell our house, so we ended up losing it, while he ran off to Nevada. My mom was alone with three young kids (me, my older brother, and my younger sister).
My mom ended up remarrying, and the guy she married legally adopted all three of us. Kind of a happy ending I guess.
The last time I talked to my biological father, I was seven years old. Sometimes I wonder where he is, if he even cares about the family that he so willingly left. The last I knew, he had escaped a drug treatment program (in the middle of the desert), walked through the desert, and back to Vegas to find drugs. Ughhh.
It scares me how I can still remember every detail of the divorce, losing the house, having nothing...
mydarlingemma
mydarlingemma
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 8

http://www.mydarlingemma.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: