I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Losing Family Members/Friends

+13
lyrical_mess
we are galaxies.
Andrew Morrison.
Galileo Figaro
street spirit (fade out).
the lover.
Insurgentes
makoto kino.
tony stark
we are invincible.
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
gloria-
belle of the boulevard.
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Losing Family Members/Friends Empty Losing Family Members/Friends

Post by belle of the boulevard. Mon 29 Sep 2008, 12:54 am

arguably the worst emotional pain imaginable.

i lost my father to a myocardial infarction owing to undiagnosed coronary artery disease aged 12. he was 43 and collapsed at work, having previously been absolutely fine.

anyone else lost someone close?
how did you and others around you cope?
belle of the boulevard.
belle of the boulevard.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1912

http://www.twitter.com/hellopolly

Back to top Go down

Losing Family Members/Friends Empty Re: Losing Family Members/Friends

Post by gloria- Mon 29 Sep 2008, 1:12 am

i've lost eighteen people in the past eight years, either family or friends. in 2002, i lost five people in two months.
i've been to one funeral.
i would have liked to go to more.
i know people who cry because their grandfather who they've met once who lives in iran died. oh my god they can't go on. if you want to talk about not being able to go on - my uncle, who lived a few blocks from me for ten years, died, leaving my aunt and cousins behind. my nanny's brother, who i knew for fourteen years, who was the sweetest man i've ever known, died. i couldn't go to his funeral. if you want to talk about fucking not being able to meet someone before they died, just wait until your closest family members die. let's see how much more you hurt then.
gloria-
gloria-
Literary Mentor

Female
Number of posts : 1860

http://tinkerbell.21.forumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by belle of the boulevard. Mon 29 Sep 2008, 1:25 am

hmm. even if you don't meet someone who is a family member, they're part of your genetics and losing them's still hard.

losing someone who's part of your daily life is harder because you have to cope with the physical loss of them in your routine.
belle of the boulevard.
belle of the boulevard.
Leading by Example

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo Mon 29 Sep 2008, 3:53 am

the hardest loss for me so far would probably be my great-uncle john.

he had a cancerous brain tumor for roughly a year, because i remember in january... 2006? i think... in january 2006 my great-aunt bonnie (his wife, and also my absolute FAVORITE family member) said that they should have it removed by the end of the summer.

and then, he was doing fine in september... they had gotten it out and he had no hair, of course, but he looked normal, still. he looked really young for his age, too, so his face sort of distracted it. i just remember the huge baseball-sized scar that was there.

anyway, then, on december 6, 2006. it just... happened. i think i was told last. my mom told me. it kind of set off a reaction with other things, but... it was bad. i remember taking the day off of school to go to the funeral and going and trying not to cry but everyone just... started. because i knew everyone at the funeral and it was like everyone was together again. and i didn't have the guts to go up to the coffin and get the last look, but...

i just felt so bad for my aunt bonnie. she was always so happy and hyper, just like, well, a teenager. but, she looked so dead inside.

anyway, yeah. i hope this isn't too long of a post.
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2291

http://www.myspace.com/_tragic_with_a_capital_T_

Back to top Go down

Post by gloria- Mon 29 Sep 2008, 3:56 am

city dream. wrote:hmm. even if you don't meet someone who is a family member, they're part of your genetics and losing them's still hard.
i get it if you don't want to watch, say, your mother go through it. but when you're crying because you're never going to meet them? get the fuck over it, it's not happening.
gloria-
gloria-
Literary Mentor

Female
Number of posts : 1860

http://tinkerbell.21.forumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by we are invincible. Mon 29 Sep 2008, 11:29 am

My poppa who I loved so much died a couple of years ago. I felt really sad, because y'know. It's hard. But there was a huge relief coming from everyone because he had been so sick. He saw the atom bomb testing and it affected him majorly his whole life after with cancers and alzheimers and my aunty. I think I'm lucky because he was only my dad's step-dad so we don't have those genetics.

My Grandpa died a little over a month ago. I haven't seen him since it was little. It killed me. Because I had never wanted to speak to him on the phone 'cause it's too awkward for me. And I was a little bit mad at him. But my mum was so upset and that's what hurt the hardest. He lives in Portugal so she couldn't go to the funeral. Her parents broke up when she was little and her mum didn't care. Not one bit. She asked my mum why she was crying.

long post. whatnow? O_O
we are invincible.
we are invincible.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1272

Back to top Go down

Post by tony stark Wed 01 Oct 2008, 8:36 pm

My Granda died a few years back, that wasn't a nice time, lots of people were depressed and kept talknig about him. To a point where I asked my mum why I never saw him anymore.

It was bad considering I went to his funeral whatnow? O_O
Between the ages of 4 and 8 I lost my remaining great grandparents.
tony stark
tony stark
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by makoto kino. Sat 04 Oct 2008, 10:11 am

Last weekend we lost 9 puppies.
We managed to save one.
She lived for 3 days.
I think the amount of gried my entire family felt was the same amount as losing a family member, or a friend.

We are all still pretty much devastated.
makoto kino.
makoto kino.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by belle of the boulevard. Sat 04 Oct 2008, 9:41 pm

les amoureux. wrote:Last weekend we lost 9 puppies.
We managed to save one.
She lived for 3 days.
I think the amount of gried my entire family felt was the same amount as losing a family member, or a friend.

We are all still pretty much devastated.

i think pets count as a family member.
my cat's been there since i was 4, he's just THERE.
minmin counts too just by being included and part of the family day to day routine.

i am so scared for when they die that i'll be a mess. i can't imagine life without them.
so yes, i think pets come under family members and friends, even if they're not yours, for example, my cousin's labrador, gemma. we all cried when she died, and i never got on that well with her, but she was part of the extended family.
belle of the boulevard.
belle of the boulevard.
Leading by Example

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Insurgentes Sat 04 Oct 2008, 11:00 pm

Though he wasn't technically family, he was going to marry my mum and he was the best thing I ever had to call a father. That was my mum's boyfriend. He was killed in a motorcycle accident when I was nine years old. He used to take me to the park and help me catch bugs all through the summer for the year that we did have the honour of knowing him. I didn't understand it a whole hell of a lot, but I did cry a lot when I heard that I'd never see him again. I remember writing him a letter and I could barely see to write it.

I lost my grandmother when I was seventeen years old. She always talked about not being able to wait to see me graduate high school in cap and gown since no other female had in the family since her, but she missed it by three months. She died on my brother's birthday, of pneumonia, I think. I'm not positive what the exact cause of death was, I just know that she was very sick for most of my senior year. That was arguably the worst pain I ever felt in my life. I was so angry at first, I didn't know how to cope with it since I'd never been that close to death before since that guy. None of us took it very well but I took it the worst, I think. Every one else went about day to day life down in the town where she was buried, for the week that we were there for her funeral. I locked myself in the guest room that I was using and wouldn't come out for anything. I did everything I could to keep my mind off it, but most of the time I laid in bed and cried. I was very close to her, you see. Even though I didn't live with her, she lived right next door to us and I saw her just about daily. When I needed someone, she was there. No matter what. Every morning before school, I used to have a cup of coffee with her and spend time with her. None of her other grandchildren ever did that. I didn't cope well the rest of the school year. I had no one to have coffee with in the mornings anymore. I went on about my school work and graduated with a 3.8 GPA. I just wish she could've been there to watch me get my diploma. It's been 3.5 years now. I still cry.

I also lost a great-grandmother, who may as well have been a grandmother to me because she was effectively my mother's mum. My mother lost her mum when she was seven and shortly after, her dad abandoned her and her grandmother took care of her and the siblings. She used to send cards and money to me and other family. I'd only seen her a few times in my life, but I loved her to death, she was so sweet and nice. I'd talk to her on the phone sometimes. She lived in Kentucky, so that's why I never got to see her much. She died on April fourth of this year. I didn't take it AS hard as I did my grandmother, but I took it pretty hard nonetheless. My mum took it the worst because that was basically her mother.

Insurgentes
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 415

http://serena-vox.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by the lover. Fri 17 Oct 2008, 12:58 am

I've lost a lot of people, but almost two years ago a friend of mine died. I'd known her and her brother since we were five-years-old and she was like my sister. I knew it was coming, because she had leukemia and she wasn't getting better, but that didn't make it any easier when it finally happened. I haven't had many close friends since and I don't talk about it in detail to anyone.

This year, five people I know have died. But in January, six days after Heath Ledger died, a boy I knew was hit by a car. I didn't know until the next day. He'd been going to my school for three years but had left after doing his GCSEs to go to a sixth-form college. I didn't find out until during registration. For the entire day the school was quiet. Seventeen-years-old and he was dead. I cried all day, and I still cry when I think about him now.
the lover.
the lover.
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 661

http://kaydoubleyou.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by street spirit (fade out). Sun 26 Oct 2008, 5:45 pm

It's always shocking when someone you know dies, but it's worse when you were close.

I lost my uncle a few months ago, but hadn't seen him in years, which is why I didn't feel bad for not crying...

Earlier I found out one of my friends committed suicide recently, and I had quite a few memories with him, the one that always sticks out is him at my party and wreaking havoc, but having so much fun...
I miss him so much. We were in the same school, which is even harder for his classmates and best friends...
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1671

http://offkeymelodies.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galileo Figaro Mon 27 Oct 2008, 12:45 pm

My father's father died when I was, like, ten? Didn't really affect me much, we knew it was coming and all. He only spoke Chinese, and I can't, so. whatnow? O_O He had lung cancer, he'd been smoking since the age of 16, so I guess he sort of deserved it?

The funeral was terrible. Everyone was just bawling, and I was getting quite scared. My mother kind of hugged me to her side, which never happens. So that scared me even more and I cried too.

I had a nightmare about my dead grandfather a couple of weeks later. But that was it.
Galileo Figaro
Galileo Figaro
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1038

http://anothermessedupkid.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Morrison. Mon 27 Oct 2008, 2:45 pm

My great-grandad. He was sick for years after he had a fall and he had some sort of liver cancer. We used to go to the hospital every day. I was pretty close to him, because we have a really small family.

Yeah I miss him, I wished I could have spent time with him. Because he was my only male grandparent that I've known.
Andrew Morrison.
Andrew Morrison.
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by tony stark Mon 17 Nov 2008, 2:50 am

My grandads just been taken into hospital
For many reasons there's a high chance he wont come out again

I'm very frightened
tony stark
tony stark
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by we are galaxies. Fri 02 Jan 2009, 7:30 pm

i lost my mother when i was five, i've lost a handful of godparents i was extremely close to, ect ect ect.

and coping? well, i haven't really done that part yet. i don't think i'll ever be over not having a mother.
we are galaxies.
we are galaxies.
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 860

Back to top Go down

Post by belle of the boulevard. Sat 03 Jan 2009, 9:09 pm

my great grandmother's been pretty ill with flu recently, and at one point, nobody was sure if she'd make it- aged 95 and being ill, people do worry like that.
i would worry most about my mum because of previous loss but the truth is that i don't know how much i'd miss her because... idk. i'd feel better knowing she was in a better place, i know that.
it's a complicated feeling, i guess.
belle of the boulevard.
belle of the boulevard.
Leading by Example

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo Sat 03 Jan 2009, 10:06 pm

My almost-uncle just died yesterday.

So...
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2291

http://www.myspace.com/_tragic_with_a_capital_T_

Back to top Go down

Post by lyrical_mess Wed 07 Jan 2009, 12:08 am

I lost my grandmother two years ago around this time of year. And last year, my grandfather. Its sort of sweet in a morbid way. He couldn't live without her so he just...stopped. But they were both extraordinary. My grandfather was probably most learned person in the country. He knew everything. He really knew everything.

Two days ago, I almost lost my brother. God's grace and good will saved him. Car accident. He was only injured but he had to watch his friend die. He's not home yet but its terrible and scary and my mother cried insanely.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 519

Back to top Go down

Post by street spirit (fade out). Mon 09 Mar 2009, 4:33 am

another friend of mine passed away today.

article.

tomorrow will be a hard day.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1671

http://offkeymelodies.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bliss. Sun 22 Mar 2009, 12:59 pm

^ -loves-

My mom died almost a year ago and I'm really still not over it and I don't think I will be, ever. I'm kind of just on my own with it. My sister got into drugs and my dad ignores me and shoves money at me to get me to leave him alone...and he's getting remarried already. He didn't wait at all to start dating. The day after my mom died he left his email open on my computer and he'd already signed up for dating websites. I joined a grief therapy group at school that my dad doesn't know about, but he'd probably freak if he knew anyway. It doesn't help at all though. Everybody else who's in the group just talks over me and i don't get the chance to. I seriously feel alone with trying to deal with this, so I don't. I don't know how to talk to anyone about this, and that's weird for me. I'm good at telling people about my problems and just generally talking. But I can't seem to talk to anyone about this, they always think it's too awkward or change the subject or start talking about themselves...So I don't know. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get past it because I'm not doing anything to deal and I feel like i'm going to fucking explode. And I wasn't even close to my mom...at all.

And my great-grandma died a month after my mom. Literally to the day. I was really really close with her...I miss her so much. More than my mom, sometimes. A lot of the time actually. She was so incredible, and nobody seems to think her death affects me at all because she's not my mom. But she's just as important.

I've lost a few more people but i don't like going into details.
bliss.
bliss.
New Recruit

Male
Number of posts : 244

http://glitterandbone.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken. Thu 16 Apr 2009, 3:46 pm

my dad died last year on boxing day...funny...i don't feel like i really care at all which kinda makes me feel like a bitch but i dunno...but what's even funnier is that i don't think abt it and stuff but when people come up to me and say "i'm sorry to hear about your dad..." i feel like i'm almost about to cry, so i guess i do care? in a way
Broken.
Broken.
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post by extraordinary machine. Thu 07 May 2009, 2:19 am

I'm still not over Alex dying; its been over 3 years.
extraordinary machine.
extraordinary machine.
Leading by Example

Number of posts : 1042

http://www.myspace.com/icangetjiggywithit

Back to top Go down

Post by noro Fri 15 May 2009, 2:30 pm

My great-grandma died last year in October and my grandpa died on his birthday when I was seven.
I know they're not even supposed to be that close to me, but I was close and it makes me feel sad every time I think of them. naww, diddums.
noro
noro
New Recruit

Male
Number of posts : 46

http://digestedchildren.whisperwars.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by belle of the boulevard. Sun 06 Dec 2009, 7:02 pm

i lost my rabbit just over a month ago. minstrellian lemming was four, and i'm still not completely over it, doubt i ever will be.
belle of the boulevard.
belle of the boulevard.
Leading by Example

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next