I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping the Faith

+4
Galileo Figaro
proust.
lyrical_mess
8 posters

Go down

Keeping the Faith Empty Keeping the Faith

Post by lyrical_mess Tue 02 Dec 2008, 12:07 am

I went to thread after ages.

I wrote a grand total of one KTF. Ages ago. But I went to the thread. Don't know why, really, but I did.

Someone was freaking out. People are freaking out, fighting not to let it die. KTF as a movement will end sometime. All that is born must die. It is inevitable. But what I don't think anyone understands is that even though the stories stop and the books stop and new authors stop writing KTFs, its still alive.

The love stays. The faith stays. Now, I was never too into it. I do love MCR but I never needed their message. They never saved me from anything. I look up to them quite a lot, but they never saved me. Although, Gerard did show me that it is possible to lose weight. >.>

But even though I was never a true part of it, I know that faith and love stay. Green Day was so big for me, so huge for me. They saved me from going insane. From dying of loneliness. From giving up on music, on everything good in life. They helped me move on. Billie Joe's voice made me weep tears of joy. Every song was like my best friend; I knew all the quirks and nuances of every note. I knew every available quote online. I read every scanned magazine article. I knew EVERYTHING about them. Everything.

I'm not so obsessed any more. I still wait for news. I still know the quirks of every song. But I haven't read quotes in ages. I haven't written about them in ages. I haven't read about them in ages. But the love stays. The hope and the message, the rage and love stays.

When a feeling that strong starts to feel like its fading, its scary. Its painful, but trying desperately to hold on to it is even more so. Isa is right to let go. Because no matter what, the faith stays forever. No one and nothing can ever take away what they gave you.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 519

Back to top Go down

Keeping the Faith Empty Re: Keeping the Faith

Post by proust. Thu 04 Dec 2008, 12:26 am

I don't think that the KTF feeling lays in a constant production of stories and posts on the thread, but in human hearts.
you have pleased him
I mean, I see absolutely no point in forcing people to write stories just so there could be an other KTF book. Writing should be something that you feel like doing for the sake of it, not to fill up wordcount.

I always thought the thread was slightly scary.
-shrug-
proust.
proust.
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 385

Back to top Go down

Post by Galileo Figaro Thu 04 Dec 2008, 5:12 pm

It's part of me. It's going away a little, and I am scared. I hope what you said about it always staying is true, because the mere thought of it leaving is just... Keeping the Faith 203854

I can't exactly cling on. There are other things now. And when I happen to hear them on the radio, it makes me smile. But things are just different now than they were before, and I think maybe it's because I don't need them like I did a while back. And that's what makes me hate myself because tossing them aside like a used tissue once I'm done with them is just so wrong. ._____.

But something to keep in mind is that there are always people joining, there'll akways be people discovering them and falling in love with them. And that thought makes it more or less okay.

Thankyou for this journal. I think I feel maybe a bit better.
Galileo Figaro
Galileo Figaro
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1038

http://anothermessedupkid.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by . Thu 04 Dec 2008, 7:42 pm

See I see no problem in letting the fire go.
I know that I don't feel the same way I did towards PATD that I did this summer.
But the thing is, I still love them to death and love their music and all that.
But I don't really feel like I have to define myself by what I think they'd like, or I don't have to worry about being a bad fan, a good fan or a KTF kid...

I wrote one KTF because I felt like I should. But it was never really my thing.
There's no way it's really going to "die" because I don't think things like that necessarily die. Will it cool off and move out of the spotlight? Yeah it will. Because it was a book, and it achieved it's purpose and it helped a lot of people. But often, as we grow up, I think we become our own heroes. And for a lot of the KTFers it seems time to do that.

I think that writing about a hero can really make you see something in yourself that you see in them. Which in no way minimizes the impact they've had on your life, but sometimes that impact consumes you so much that it becomes negative and holds you back. And when we grow out of our angels and saviors and suns, we're left with ourselves. And everything we've learned from them, subconsciously, we use.

Administrator.

Female
Number of posts : 367

Back to top Go down

Post by the way Thu 04 Dec 2008, 11:41 pm

lyrical_mess wrote:

When a feeling that strong starts to feel like its fading, its scary. Its painful, but trying desperately to hold on to it is even more so. Isa is right to let go. Because no matter what, the faith stays forever. No one and nothing can ever take away what they gave you.

Thank you, twinsie:arms:

kafka. wrote:
I always thought the thread was slightly scary.
-shrug-

I remember, Chel and me were talking one time about how it's gone overboard. Sometimes.

Scribbles. Adrisole. wrote:
I can't exactly cling on. There are other things now. And when I happen to hear them on the radio, it makes me smile. But things are just different now than they were before, and I think maybe it's because I don't need them like I did a while back. And that's what makes me hate myself because tossing them aside like a used tissue once I'm done with them is just so wrong. ._____.

Exactly. They helped me with that phase, and now it's time for other things to help me with wherever I am now. I don't think of it as tossing them aside. I used that metaphor for the people who have no gratitude, who turned around and left them because of some rumors. I don't let my life revolve around them, but I'll always love them. I don't think about them, but somehow they're always on my mind. Like I said in the most recent letter I wrote to Gee, I was thankful, but I've known when it was time to move on.

Brendon Urie wrote:
There's no way it's really going to "die" because I don't think things like that necessarily die. Will it cool off and move out of the spotlight? Yeah it will. Because it was a book, and it achieved it's purpose and it helped a lot of people. But often, as we grow up, I think we become our own heroes. And for a lot of the KTFers it seems time to do that.

Yeah. I mean, this time last year, the idea for a book was just being put together and it was crazy, the motto being on so many sigs and the thread moving as fast as like, confessions. But it's done what it was supposed to do-- it let our heroes know how much they mean, and it gave us something to hold on to. But we grow up, and sometimes we have to let things go. I still keep the faith; I haven't lost it, but it's like... a crush, and love. The crush would require lots of passion and fluttery feeling and some broadcasting to the world, but love, real love, sometimes, would know when to be silent. Because the person you love knows it anyway, and that's enough, nothing else matters. Somewhere along the way, I grew up, and everything changed. Including this.
the way
the way
Red Scare

Male
Number of posts : 530

http://www.twitter.com/shindiggs

Back to top Go down

Post by LADIES AND GENTLEMEN Fri 05 Dec 2008, 5:40 am

the way. wrote:
Scribbles. Adrisole. wrote:

Exactly. They helped me with that phase, and now it's time for other things to help me with wherever I am now. I don't think of it as tossing them aside. I used that metaphor for the people who have no gratitude, who turned around and left them because of some rumors. I don't let my life revolve around them, but I'll always love them. I don't think about them, but somehow they're always on my mind. Like I said in the most recent letter I wrote to Gee, I was thankful, but I've known when it was time to move on.

I was never a KTFer, but I do understand what it is to have a band mean something to you.

But needing them and loving them are different. I mean, there was a time in my life where I couldn't survive without Ryan Ross. That was just how things worked. And I have Marlee now, but that doesn't stop me caring about Panic.

I mean it almost sort of validates it, really, in that you're not loving them because you need something to cling to in order to survive; you're loving them because you love them. I mean, I have my iTunes on shuffle right now and I stopped writing this halfway through just to sit and stare into space listening to them.

This is what kind of annoys me, though; people's attitude about... 'fanship', I guess. I don't actively listen to MCR but they're done amazing things for me and for other people. They didn't save me like panic did, but Ray inspired me to play guitar, and who knows here I'd be without that? I respect them so much, as musicians and as people. >_< People making comments about nmy not being 'obsessed' with them any more is really demeaning.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Administrator.

Male
Number of posts : 3875

http://mformikey.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galileo Figaro Fri 05 Dec 2008, 6:31 pm

I got that when there was still school. One friend was like [Manglish has been editted out], "Hey you don't like MCR anymore? I never hear you talking about them anymore." And it just got me a little bit miffed. I suppose it's just something I'm sensitive about. :/

But I think I've moved on a little bit, and it's scary not having something to cling to, something to make everything better when the going is shitty. But, yeah, I think it's going to be okay. I mean...they taught us things. They taught us a great deal, and it's in us now. Like what Marlee said.
Galileo Figaro
Galileo Figaro
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1038

http://anothermessedupkid.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartswell. Sun 07 Dec 2008, 8:06 am

I still keep the faith. Simple as that. It isn't about being a fan anymore. It's about sincerely loving this band, it's a whole different affair.
I love them as people. Gerard, Mikey, Bob, Ray and Frankie. They're people to me. Not just a band anymore.
I still believe in them, in what they did and what they want to do. It hurts when I see people say they don't feel the same love for MCR. Of course it's not the same love. Nothing stays the same, even if you say so. Even rocks change shape with time.
It's not about listening to them anymore. It's about these five people who make me so happy just thinking about them as people.
The stories were great. But it's much deeper than words now. They're still my heroes, but the word heroes doesn't cut it anymore, you know?
I still want to meet them. I still want to talk to them. They probably won't even remember me, but I'll smile and be happy even if they don't.
Because they're people. I understand that word now. They're real. Just like you and me.

It's not about the band anymore to me.
I knew it when I listened interviews, listened to what the guys actually say, noticed how they speak, how they think, even learned to recognize their voices. I can't describe how happy I felt when I knew that Frankie and Ray married, when Gee was going to be a dad, when I knew about Mikey's comic, when I read Bob's messages and worried about his injury and how painful it must have been. It's just a bunch of feelings way deeper than love. I can't describe it. I really can't.

Guess everyone has a different way of keeping the faith. They love them differently. Don't tell me how you keep the faith is the same way of how I keep the faith. It's not. (btw, the 'you' is not to anyone so don't worry)
Heartswell.
Heartswell.
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 637

Back to top Go down

Post by makoto kino. Sun 07 Dec 2008, 9:35 am

and its not just alive in MCR.
It's mergedinto other bands, other parts of life, kids are applying it to suit them.
Reading the KTF stories was inspiring, but no only on a I-love-this-band level, more on a personal level.

The spirit of KTF will never die, however the movement may.
makoto kino.
makoto kino.
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum