I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(c) Best Friends Don't Kiss (PG13)

Go down

(c) Best Friends Don't Kiss (PG13) Empty (c) Best Friends Don't Kiss (PG13)

Post by zero Sun 11 Jan 2009, 1:27 pm

Best Friends Don't Kiss.
Contest Entry.
One-shot, Ryden, finished.
1798 words.

---

Ryan was fucking Brendon’s older sister when they met. He was a curious boy, so that whenever Ryan came over, he’d press his ear against the thin cement wall that separated his and his sister’s rooms. Sex, obviously, was what he heard. The thought wasn’t pleasant to Brendon – he’d gag from time to time – but he listened anyway because of Ryan.

Ryan was a guy that went to Brendon’s school while his sister went to a different all-girls school. He was always hearing things about Ryan, some good, some bad. People said that the first time he ever got drunk was when he was twelve, he snorted coke everyday and everywhere and that he was a vampire.

While Ryan was sitting out in Brendon’s backyard on the porch smoking, he saw Brendon walk across the kitchen, a book in hand. “Brendon,” he called, waving his cigarette hand around.

His sister and Ryan had been together for three months. When Ryan called on him, Brendon was surprised Ryan even knew his name since he was almost positive that all his sister and Ryan ever did together was fuck.

Brendon closed the book he was reading, his finger in between the pages to mark his page. He walked to Ryan and he was almost rude. “What?”

But Ryan grinned, finishing off the thin stick in his lips. “How come you never talk to me?”

“You don’t, either.”

“I am now.”

“Well I am now, too.” Brendon rolled his eyes, crossing his arms in annoyance. He probably lost his page in the book he was reading, but at the back of his mind he was thinking, What the hell is he doing talking to me?

Ryan flicked his cigarette to the ground and said, “Well, we should do this more often.”

-----

“You do this a lot don’t you?” Brendon asked while he was rummaging through the bag Ryan used for school. Other than the usual books and notebooks, he found three packs of condoms.

Ryan chuckled and spun his phone around in his hand. “I haven’t stopped since I was fifteen and a half.”

“I expected something like that,” Brendon said. He threw Ryan’s bag on his bed and sat next to his friend and asked him how he lost it; it being his virginity.

Ryan was a lot more inside Brendon’s room than his sister’s. His reason was that he needed a little more ‘dude’ time. But everybody – even Ryan – knew Brendon was gay.

“It was a bet me and my old friends used to have,” he said nonchalantly. “I won. It wasn’t very special, though.”

“Wow.” Brendon nodded. He couldn’t believe that he was actually dating his sister. Ryan didn’t seem like her type.

-----

Ryan pushed Brendon’s bedroom door about an inch open, his one eye searching the room for any sign of the boy who owned the room. He found Brendon, all right, but he froze when he saw another boy with his arms latched around his friend’s waist. They were a tangle of blankets, arms and legs.

A small gasp escaped from his lips before he ran straight to the door next to Brendon’s. He barged in, not even bothering to knock. It seemed like he arrived in the nick of time when he saw his girlfriend sitting on her bed only half dressed.

You could imagine Brendon’s surprise when he woke up to Ryan and his sister’s loud moans. It was like they wanted Brendon to hear them while the boy next to him stayed asleep.

A swirl of emotions hurricaned through Brendon’s body. Out of anger, he threw three of his heavy school books at the wall, hoping it would ruin their mood.

Brendon started realizing what the meaning of ‘boyfriend’ was and Ryan was getting more and more girls behind their backs. Brendon didn’t mind, he was used to his man whorish friend but he tried to ignore the backbiting feeling he felt. He didn’t tell his sister about it because Ryan asked him not to.

“So who was that boy?” Ryan was flipping through a gaming magazine while he chewed on the end of his pen. They were both sitting around Brendon’s room ignoring the fact that they should be at school at the time.

“Which boy?”

“The one that stays over a lot,” he said, looking at Brendon with his head thrown back. He thought about saying ‘the one that you sleep with a lot’ but he reminded himself that Brendon didn’t like to talk about the people he’s had sex with.

“Oh… he’s Martin.” Brendon’s face twisted in distaste. “I don’t see him anymore. He’s like my sister’s soul mate or something.”

Ryan nodded, fighting to hide a smug smile. “Cameron’s hosting a party at her place at Friday.”

“Ry, you hang around too much girls for me to remember their names.”

“Okay.” Ryan rolled his eyes. “This girl with blue hair and big boobies named Cameron – do you remember her?” Brendon nodded with an amused grin, “she’s gonna have this huge party on Friday and there’s gonna be more ladies there with multicolored hair and big boobies there.”

Brendon gulped and bit on his tongue hard. He had to refrain saying he didn’t care if his best friend was planning to go partying and have an orgy because that way, he would be acting like a jealous asshole and Ryan would get upset.

That was how Brendon pictured it in his mind, anyway.

“You’re telling me this, why?”

Ryan smiled and rolled his eyes. “I want you to come with me, Bren.”

Brendon was never the party person. He went through every excuse he could think of just to avoid going to the party, but Ryan saw through all of them. His whole family converted to Orthodox Judaism and wasn’t allowed out at Friday night’s anymore, he had to go with his sister for her full-scale four-hour dentist operation, his cousin was getting married. Ryan saw through every single one of them. Though, maybe the dentist operation might’ve worked if Brendon would’ve stop forgetting that his sister was still Ryan’s girlfriend.

He ended up going to the party and having a good time. He spent hours playing Spin the Bottle and Seven Minutes in Heaven with a group of boys and girls. And to Brendon’s liking, more boys than girls, but to his disliking, Ryan was one of those boys.

Brendon gave the bottle the evil eye during Seven Minutes in Heaven when it landed on his friend. Ryan tried to look bored and gave a slight smirk but frantic thoughts were running through his mind.

When both of them were pushed into the pitch dark closet, Ryan was the brave one.

His hands looked for Brendon’s shoulders and he found them, he gave them a slight squeeze and crashed his lips on Brendon’s. But Brendon pushed hard on Ryan’s chest, telling him to get off.

They stared at each other, even in the pitch dark where they couldn’t even see anything.

“Best friends don’t kiss,” Brendon said in his weak and shaky voice before he ran out of the closet and the house.

-----

Brendon always believed that if two lovers started as best friends, their road as a couple would get fucked up after a while. He didn’t want that same fucked up road his parents had. He didn’t want it to have with Ryan, either.

Both boys hadn’t talked to each other for two straight weeks. Instead of Ryan coming over for his girlfriend, it was Brendon’s sister coming over Ryan’s house. Brendon missed him, but he tried not to care if Ryan did or didn’t either.

But Ryan missed him anyway. He had a hard time trying to stop himself from asking his sister how Brendon was. He wasn’t at all that willing when Brendon’s sister wanted to drag him all the way to her room to ‘move some book shelves’ because he knew it would mean seeing Brendon.

And by seeing Brendon, Ryan didn’t expect the both of them sitting together, alone in the living room.

“I’m not sorry for kissing you, Brendon.” Despite the fact that Ryan was scared of even glancing at Brendon, let alone talk to him, he was still the first one to say something.

Brendon sighed. “Then I don’t know why you’re here.”

Ryan almost smiled. “Of course you do,” he said. “I’m here for your sister.”

The younger boy let out a small laugh; of course he knew that. But he shrugged and looked at Ryan seriously and the look scared Ryan. “What now, Ry?”

“I don’t know. Are you even mad at me?”

“Yes.” Brendon paused for a bit, nodding. “I was surprised, we were supposed to talk it out first, but you were all kissy on me.” Brendon paused again, raising an eyebrow at Ryan. He tapped his chin in thought.

“What?”

“Do you like me, Ry?” Brendon felt awfully bold for asking Ryan that question.

“I – I don’t – I – I don’t know – I –”

Brendon grinned and stood up from his place, shaking his head. Ryan cursed himself when he was all alone in the room. He’d blown his cover.

-----

“You like my brother.”

Ryan glared at his girlfriend. Or maybe more friend than girlfriend. Ryan was never really good at keeping secrets, especially his own.

“Don’t say it like that.”

“What do you want me to call it?” She scoffed. “Infatuation? Nobody uses that shit word anymore.”

“No, I’m asking you not to call it anything, Jenna.” He threw a stuffed animal at her, purposely missing just so he wouldn’t be thrown a whining fit back.

She gave Ryan a cheeky smile. “You want me to tell him? I could like,” she giggled, “set you up.”

“No thanks. I think he already knows.”

Ryan sighed and leaned back on the bed. She looked at him disbelievingly before slapping his arm. She knew it didn’t hurt as much as she wanted to, but Ryan winced anyway.

“What the fuck are you waiting for, Ryro?” She grinned a cherry lipstick smile. “Go get him.”

-----

“I thought best friends aren’t supposed to kiss?” Ryan was out of breath and, yet again, was squished inside a dark closet at a party with Brendon.

He heard Brendon laugh and he felt his hands feel around for his face. He pressed their foreheads together, and they both started to laugh.

“Then I guess we’re not best friends anymore?” Brendon answered, a little short of breath himself. He breathed hard and deep while he tried to search for Ryan’s eyes in the dark. He pressed his lips on Ryan’s for a second before pulling back.

“What are we, then?”

Then Brendon grinned and Ryan grinned and they were at each others’ lips again.

Last edited by borrowed light, on Sun 11 Jan 2009, 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : checked: light.)
zero
zero
Leading by Example

Female
Number of posts : 1813

Back to top Go down