I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kay, remember how my last journal was about my grandparents' fiftieth anniversary?

5 posters

Go down

kay, remember how my last journal was about my grandparents' fiftieth anniversary? Empty kay, remember how my last journal was about my grandparents' fiftieth anniversary?

Post by gloria- Sun 25 Oct 2009, 3:56 am

well, this one's a rant about professional photographers. you'll understand the correlation in a minute.

i've now gotten a full set of professional pictures done on each side of the family (my mom's and my dad's, obv). my question is this:

WHY do all photographers these days think they need to use photoshop to make money?!
the photographer that my mom's family used does this thing where she puts fake eyes into everyone with blue eyes. it's fucking creepy.
not to mention the fact that she put makeup on me when i wasn't wearing any and makes everyone's cheeks all rosy.
fyi, when you're dealing with people who AREN'T WHITE, THEY JUST LOOK LIKE THEY'RE WEARING MAKEUP.
fuck, slap a pair of tits on my brother and HE'D BE A WOMAN.
she removed scars or birthmarks that honestly i'd rather just have.
she tilts everyone's head so that they look like they're those creepy fucking dolls in one of those horror movies i haven't seen.
and they. always. have. the eyes.

my dad's family's photographer? SHE WAS NO BETTER.
i was just looking at the photos she took and HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
okay, it doesn't really help that my gramma insisted that we do photos indoors. her flooring is like BRIGHT FUCKING RED and WE'RE ALL ASIAN so it looks like we're ON FIRE.
not to mention that the photographer used that effect in photoshop that like, makes your skin all glare-y out of your face.
she elongated my neck. i swear, i look like a fucking giraffe.
she blurred the edges of photographs. fuck, that just looks unprofessional.
the only thing she had going for her: she didn't do the eyes.

if they're going to photoshop, i wish they'd at least do it tastefully and properly. i swear to god, it looks like some serial killer's had a go at us and we're his next victims.

logan, mikey, and anyone else who wants to become a photographer, i have some advice for you:
photoshop in portraits almost never looks real. avoid it at all costs.
arching the contrast is one thing, but never go at someone's face unless you fucking know how.

rant. over.

ps, i took the act today. puked up some water before hand (i'm sick which made me more nervous than i would have been otherwise) but it went pretty well once i got a grip.
came home and slept for an hour and a half. going to dinner soon.
gloria-
gloria-
Literary Mentor

Female
Number of posts : 1860

http://tinkerbell.21.forumer.com/

Back to top Go down

kay, remember how my last journal was about my grandparents' fiftieth anniversary? Empty Re: kay, remember how my last journal was about my grandparents' fiftieth anniversary?

Post by Breakdown Sun 25 Oct 2009, 10:34 am

I know how you feel!!!
I know so many 'photographers' who are really just "talented" with photoshop.

I hate it.
Can't fucking stand it.
I prefer my photos to speak for themselves, not the photoshop job I can do.
Breakdown
Breakdown

Female
Number of posts : 6182

http://ordinaryxday.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

kay, remember how my last journal was about my grandparents' fiftieth anniversary? Empty Re: kay, remember how my last journal was about my grandparents' fiftieth anniversary?

Post by LADIES AND GENTLEMEN Sun 25 Oct 2009, 4:22 pm

B-Hoe wrote:I know how you feel!!!
I know so many 'photographers' who are really just "talented" with photoshop.

I hate it.
Can't fucking stand it.
I prefer my photos to speak for themselves, not the photoshop job I can do.
QFE QFE QFE.

If you're taking photos as an art form, it's just showing a weak side to your photography that it's not good enough to stand alone, without all the editing. If you're taking photos of people, it's just stupid to do any editing they didn't ask for. I wouldn't want someone doing that to my photos. Sure, you want family photos to be nice, but you also want them to be, yknow, REAL.

and so wait, let me get this straight - she puts fake blue eyes on everyone? wtf if I had brown eyes I'd want them to stay brown, tyvm. as it stands they're blue, but I would still prefer them to be the colour they ARE |:
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Administrator.

Male
Number of posts : 3875

http://mformikey.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gloria- Sun 25 Oct 2009, 5:59 pm

no, she only puts fake blue eyes on people with blue eyes. i'll see if i can find a copy of a picture and post it.
gloria-
gloria-
Literary Mentor

Female
Number of posts : 1860

http://tinkerbell.21.forumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Skellington Sun 25 Oct 2009, 9:14 pm

I've been considering becoming a professional photographer, but seriously, WTF.
NO REALLY. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

It just sickens me how they boast how "good" they are because of "good" they are with Photoshop.

Knowing how to use Photoshop may be a skill, but don't use that for an excuse for your art.
Jack Skellington
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690

http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo Mon 26 Oct 2009, 2:56 am

ew ew ew.

i would never ever go that far unless someone ASKED to. that's ridiculous.

i think photoshop is way better for making things with more surreal effects, if you get what i mean.
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2291

http://www.myspace.com/_tragic_with_a_capital_T_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down