I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A journal-journal

+3
Breakdown
more adventurous.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
7 posters

Go down

A journal-journal Empty A journal-journal

Post by LADIES AND GENTLEMEN Sat 07 Mar 2009, 1:15 am

Haven't written one of these in a while, and I have abut seven minutes til marlee gets online, so I'm gonna update you guys.

For easier reading I will bold the subjects in each main update lulz you have pleased him

First and foremost, today I met Amanda Palmer of the Dresden Dolls. For those of you who don't know them, they toured with PATD back when they were ~cabaret. Except DDs are like maybe 104935684395423 x more hardcore. There's Amanda on piano and vocals and Brian on backups and drums, sometimes one of them will switch and play bass or guitar. Anyway, they're pretty fucking amazing. If you've heard anything it'll probably be Coin Operated Boy, that's the most famous one afaik. But to start you off I'd suggest Mandy Goes To Med School, it's my favourite by them.

So anyway, she just released a solo album and is touring. However, unluckily for those of us who are under 18 (and the same thing happened back when I was like 13 or something, omg) all shows are 18+. All abord the failboat i r pleased.

So anyway, as I mentioned in WAYT, I went on an epic journey to catch the tran and JUST MADE IT, spent like 15 minutes trying to find freo oval, and then hung for a bit before Amanda got there with a few other fans. We all ate cupcakes and played on the goal rigging, and it was epic.

So anyway she played us a few songs on the ukelele, and I've got to put in here - she's an amazing performer. She just gets into her music so much; it's obvious she loves it. And she's got THE most epic voice; she's got an amazing vocal range and she can sing just as well live as she does on the CDs and don't even get me started on her piano.

So we were all ~starry eyed, and we ate cake, hung out, some people bought shirts, and we just generally talked. It was really cool to be acle to spend time with someone I idolise, rather than just a HI THANKS at a meet and greet. They're both really good like that, though; they

So I got photos and a hug and I was like I PRETTY MUCH CAME STRAIGHT FROM PIANO I DONT HAVE ANY CDS WITH ME BUT I SWEAR I OWN THEM (I did get a chance to go home but they're at my mum's) and she laughed and was like 'Dude you play music it's all good', and I explained that my piano teacher does this thing where she's all LOL I R UR PSYCHOLOGIST and so my lessons run overtime, and we all lol'd together.

She's just really epic and down to earth and awesome. And it was cool because for once I didn't make a fool of myself. I made jokes, people laughed, people liked me. It was... weird. I'm not used to being liked.

Also, as mentioned, I had piano. I finally played through this Bach prelude in C minor I've been wanting to work on (but never gotten around to) for AGES, and it just... worked. And I felt so amazing. Like... a lot of the time, my music is nothing special. And I accept that; I'm still learning, it's not gonna work perfectly every time, hell, it's probably not gonna work perfect AT ALL, most of the time.

But there are some rare, rare times when I play and it just works and it's amazing. I don't even know how to explain it other than to say what I feel about music in general - it makes you feel like you're part of something bigger. Sometimes I'll sing and I'll hit a certain note and just go wow or I'll play something on flute and it'll be like SHIT, DID I DO THAT? or I'll just improvise something out of the blue on piano and it'll turn out amazing. And... IDK. A lot of songwriters say it's like the songs write themselves, they're just the instrument for the song to portray itself through, and I agree. When you really play music it's not you playing at all; you're just as much of an instrument as whatever it is you're playing.

IDK music is just... beautiful. If I hadn't had my friends over tonight I would have just sat and practised.

Which brings me to my next point; I FINALLY GOT TO SEE MY FRIENDS AGAIN.

JFC, I am just... I hate people like in general. I really just don't like most people. They're rude and nasty and inconsiderate and judgemental and cruel and unkind and just not nice. But I'm a hugely social person with people I DO get along well with. And I've spent ALL WEEK apart from HALF A DAY locked up in my house either reading, playing or sleeping. And it's been like OH MY GOD.

I was so hyperactive tonight. Everyone was like HOW MUCH CAFFEINE HAVE YOU HAD and I was like, dude. DUDE. I AM SEEING PEOPLE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN LIKE A WEEK AFTER BEING QUARANTINED AND I FUCKING MET AMANDA PALMER OKAY SHUT UP OMG.

So I have my band minus nicole plus mandy and ebony sleeping in my living room. Well tegan is in my sister's room but lol whatever.

Tomorrow is saturday and I'm going to spend the whole day talking to marlee and playing music, and then sunday more music, and then ging and SEEING music because Toby is performing down at a local pub and dad's going to play some songs with her.

Life right now is pretty good. even the drama with TAFE seems to have blown over.

Yay.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Administrator.

Male
Number of posts : 3875

http://mformikey.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

A journal-journal Empty Re: A journal-journal

Post by more adventurous. Sat 07 Mar 2009, 6:59 am

I'm so happy for you!!
Srsly, Amanda Palmer is teh shit. That would be way cool.

Sounds like you've had a good time! That's awesome.
more adventurous.
more adventurous.
Administrator.

Female
Number of posts : 4753

http://libbeyinreallife.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Breakdown Sat 07 Mar 2009, 7:20 am

You met Amanda Palmer!! NOT COOL

Jealous...but seriously, that is so cool and awesome and ugh!
I wish I could meet her.
Breakdown
Breakdown

Female
Number of posts : 6182

http://ordinaryxday.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Skellington Sat 07 Mar 2009, 7:56 am

I'm jealous. You got to meet Amanda Palmer?!? NOT COOL

lol@chu I'm glad you had fun though. you have pleased him
Jack Skellington
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690

http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tea-boy. Sat 07 Mar 2009, 9:11 am

Awesome. OMGOMGYAYAYAYAY
tea-boy.
tea-boy.
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2508

http://delusionaldreamer2.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo Sat 07 Mar 2009, 9:14 am

HOLY SHIT, MAAAAAN! yay, mikey!
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2291

http://www.myspace.com/_tragic_with_a_capital_T_

Back to top Go down

Post by LADIES AND GENTLEMEN Sat 07 Mar 2009, 11:18 am

Yesss omg she is so so awesome.

But jsyak she pretty much hangs out after every gig, she said. So if you guys go see them - or even if they just play in your area and you cant go to the gig itself - go ~chill with her
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Administrator.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo Sat 07 Mar 2009, 5:22 pm

She picks cool places to go.

whatnow? O_O lol@chu

But I couldn't go. ):
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2291

http://www.myspace.com/_tragic_with_a_capital_T_

Back to top Go down

Post by LADIES AND GENTLEMEN Sat 07 Mar 2009, 6:00 pm

Epic failllll D:

Guh. She'll just be finishing up about now.

v.v
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Administrator.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rock and/or roll Thu 12 Mar 2009, 1:16 pm

That's cool. :]
I haven't heard many songs by them, but I just downloaded some.
She has an unique voice.

And LOL@CHUUU I saw Good News Week when she was on, and she flashed Paul McDermott whilst playing These Boots Were Made For Walking on the ukulele. LMFAOOO
rock and/or roll
rock and/or roll
Literary Mentor

Female
Number of posts : 860

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down