I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I'd like to say about the 24th of March 2009.

4 posters

Go down

What I'd like to say about the 24th of March 2009. Empty What I'd like to say about the 24th of March 2009.

Post by drackie. Wed 25 Mar 2009, 8:25 pm

It was amazing.
I have a bruised rib, a broken toe, a grazed knee, bruised arms, a sore neck, a thumping headache and a sliced open little toe. AND I DON'T EVEN CARE.
It was just that amazing.
Might I add that Tim [lead singer and on occasion lead guitar] is very, very short in real life.lol@chu
So let me give you a play by play of the afternoon/evening.

So I woke up all excited and such, headed off to Rockingham so Amy could go to her appointment. Then off we went to Perth. We walked from the train station, to Russel Square then to Metro City. Cause I needed to go past DOME because I was fucking thirsty.
We arrived at Metro at like.. 1.30ish.. and there was about.. 15 people already lining up. I look up and down the line just checking out the fans. When who did I spot by my loyal TAFE friend Emma, right at the front of the line. God bless her soul. She noticed us, so we headed up to the front of the line. [Haha suckerrssss]. So we sat.
Then at about 2, these two guys walked out from behind the building and I'm like. Lulz hey they look like Brandon and Zak.. [Drummer and other guitarist], and funnily enough it was. -narrows eyes- But some stupid fucking fangirlz noticed them first and swarmed them with pens and tshirts screaming. So I thought I'd leave them be, since it must suck being in a fucking punk band and still having slutty fangirlz.
So then at about 2.30 I realized I need the bathroom, so I ran back to DOME to use the toilet. After I did my business I casually walked out into the Cafe to purchase a bottle of water, when I saw Brandon and Zak just chillaxing at a table drinking coffee. i r pleased. But because I'm awesome I just took no notice of them. As I was walking out, Zak noticed my osm Rise Against tshirt.. And he's like "Oh hey, nice shirt" -thumbs up- and I'm just all casual and replied "I know right" returning the thumbs up with a face that would clearly resemble this gtfo over yourself, but on the inside there was alot of this ZOMFGGVJINRFOK going on. But I decided they needed a break from the crazy fans. And they just smiled as I left.
I ran back to make sure I didn't miss the door's being opened. Cause we know that's nuts.
When I got back, the guards at the top of the step were considering opening the door's and setting stuff up and all that jazz. But we just sat, and sat... and sat.
Until finally some big scary butch guy come's outside with a portiable metal detector. shjfdhnjfvmerrmerrme
After awhile they seperated us into over 18's and under 18's lines. Which I was the first person in the under 18's line. Yay me. Then finally 20 minutes later they started letting us in.
We ran up the stairs, inside, handed them out tickets.. and ran into the venue.. Freaking out because we didn't know where to go... We just started screaming where do we go. When we finally noticed the stage, we ran down into the mosh.
I ran right up to the barrier, right in the middle and grabbed on. I never moved once from my spot. Because well it was the middle of the front row.
So we stood around for 45 minutes while they set up the lights, tested the sound.. while the guards sung to reggae.. good times.
When all of sudden the lights went down.. and bam.. on came.. the worlds most crappy hardcore band... Miles Away. So they played six songs.. or so.. of absolute shit. Let me just say. Every guitar riff was the same along with the drums. It was shit.
Then they stopped and the reggae came back... Then around.. half an hour later. The lights went down and on came one of the coolest bands everr.. The (International) Noise Conspiracy. They were amazing.
They played 70's style rock 'n' roll. I mean if you like Panic or.. Paramore.. or even MCR you'd like them. They were a bit of everything. It was awesome.
The lead singer was talking about how guys aren't more comfortable with their sexualities.. so he thrust his face into the guitar players crutch, while the guitars kept playing. The singer then walked over to the right side of the stage where some guy in the crowd kept calling him a fag, so Denis the singer was like "What? Aren't you comfortable either? What? Yeah, Okay I'll suck your cock later! What? No man, there's nothing you can do. I've got the mic, so I have the power."
During this the bass player was laughing his headoff. Later on Denis went back stage and returned wearing a cape and he just flung himself into the crowd, by the time he got back up on stage all of his clothes were ripped. And apparently some guy in a ParkWay Drive shirt threatened to kill him or something. So the PWD guy got kicked out. It was hillerious.
As soon as their set ended everyone moved to the front, which caused us to all get squashed. It sucked. Then all of a sudden Rise Against came out of nowhere.. And oh my god I was like ZOMGGGG ZOMGGGG OMGOMGYAYAYAYAY OMGOMGYAYAYAYAY What I'd like to say about the 24th of March 2009. 182145 it was incredible.
I'm not actually quite sure of all the songs they played I just recall them playing my all time favourite song everr; injection. Which was incredible. Even though I forgot half of the words.
After about the fifth of fourth song Amy passed out and the guards had to pull her over the fence, and then Emma and I got seperated so I was all on my own. Which I really didn't notice.
Then the band left the stage, which pissed off the crowd.. obvs. When BAM they came back.. but just Zak and Tim with of course acoustic guitars. And Tim's like "Give it up for Zak" the crowd went nuts. When they calmed down a little I scream I LOVE YOU ZAK, he looked over at me and I gave him the thumbs up hoping he'd remember me and he did! He smiled.. really big.. and returned the thumbs up. nawwww
Some guy yelled out baracuda, so they started to play it but Zak forgot the words so they stopped. They then played Hero Of War and Swing Life Away, and then Joe [bass] and Brandon came back on. And they played one last song, which obvs had to be Prayer Of The Reffugee. -cumslut-
After the show, once everyone FINALLY FUCKING REALIZED THEY WERENT COMING BACK so I could move. I went outside and found Amy, and I bought a black on black hoodie. Which is the softest hoodie everrr. And I got some PAWS, RSPCA, Amnesty International and some other organisation's stickers/leaflets. Cause RA are vegans, so they are animal rights activests as well as human rights activests.
After I found Emma again, we headed back into the city where we purchased some fries and a drink.
Finally we headed home after we were abused by a group of random germans.

All in all it was the most amazing night everr.
And if you know what's good for you, you'll go here to The (Internationl) Noise Conspiracy's Myspace and love them.
Or if you feel like listening to punk go here and listen to RA.

Peace.
The artist formally known as Drackie, now known as Nelleh.
looooove.

drackie.
drackie.
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 686

Back to top Go down

What I'd like to say about the 24th of March 2009. Empty Re: What I'd like to say about the 24th of March 2009.

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo Thu 26 Mar 2009, 3:54 am

WTF WHO DOESN'T KNOW THE WORDS TO BARRACUDA.

asgfdh; rise against. nawwww

indeeeeeed amazing.
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2291

http://www.myspace.com/_tragic_with_a_capital_T_

Back to top Go down

What I'd like to say about the 24th of March 2009. Empty Re: What I'd like to say about the 24th of March 2009.

Post by LADIES AND GENTLEMEN Thu 26 Mar 2009, 7:19 am

Lol. Dude. Who the fuck uses a metal detector at a PUNK CONCERT? Hello, METAL BELTS.

Lol I always get caught with that one at airports. You'd think after Perth, Singapore and China I would have learnt, but no, on the way back I STILL beeped. I'm kind of stupid like that.

Ohoh dude. I wish my favourite band was small enough for that v.v

I think I should just go to fucking wherever Short Stack are from (NSW? SHUT UP OKAY I DONT KNOW MY GEOGRAPHY I HATE AUSTRALIA IDEC) and hang around the area they live/practice. Easy enough for Marlee, right?

Lmfao The (International) Noise Conspiracy sound fucking awesome LOL@CHUUU
And yesss I did like what I heard before my computer chucked a tantrum. It hated the new myspace music player. Sux 2 b me.

i'm glad you had funnn -loves- Is amesdawg okay?
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Administrator.

Male
Number of posts : 3875

http://mformikey.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by drackie. Thu 26 Mar 2009, 5:12 pm

Amzdawwg is alright. She just needed out of the pit.
And only the over 18's had to go through the metal detector.
Ha.
drackie.
drackie.
Red Scare

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by the takedown. Thu 26 Mar 2009, 5:42 pm

drackie is dead. wrote:Amzdawwg is alright. She just needed out of the pit.
And only the over 18's had to go through the metal detector.
Ha.
cause 18 year olds so couldn't have bought weapons.

lolol
the takedown.
the takedown.
Administrator.

Male
Number of posts : 1907

http://www.iamrevolution.net

Back to top Go down

Post by drackie. Thu 26 Mar 2009, 5:50 pm

Well obvs.
drackie.
drackie.
Red Scare

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down