I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(c) An Un-love Story? [PG]

3 posters

Go down

(c) An Un-love Story? [PG] Empty (c) An Un-love Story? [PG]

Post by Jack Skellington Fri 06 Mar 2009, 6:29 am

Title: An Un-love Story?
Author: Reetuh, yours truly.
Rating: PG, just because.
Summary: Girl loves boy, girl hates boy, girl falls in love with other boy.
DISCLAIMER: I don't own WB, BU, or GS, though I wish I did. lol@chu
Lots of name-dropping, be it people or things. Beware!

---

As I left his house, my mind was reeling. What was I thinking, liking him for so long? I mean, he's an idiot, he doesn't care about animal rights, and he's religious. And he tried to convert me. What is that?

Sorry, ADD-prone outbursts. What was I saying again?

Oh yeah.

So basically, I tried to help him with his essay on his views on three things: animal rights, religion, and American ignorance. First of all, let me say beforehand that I knew he was not a vegetarian, whereas I am. I did NOT realize that he he was a hunter and I did NOT realize he came from a long line of them.

"So, are you for animal rights or do you not really care?" I said, half interested, half caring less. I knew he couldn't be bad, even though he ate meat.

"I'm a hunter, so it really does not matter to me. Animals were meant to be eaten, and humans are the smartest animals ever," he said.

I was just a blank face, trying to hide my shock and distress. How could a vegetarian and a meatatarian have a relationship survive?

"Okay, so how would you phrase that in your essay? How would you say that you could not care less about animals?" I said, mostly harshly and somewhat accusingly.

"Ohh, I dunno. I am not a supporter of animal rights?" he said.

Another blank slate. "Alright, sure. Next topic. Religion. Are you religious, and if so, what religion are you?" I asked, hoping for the right answer.

"Uhh, I'm Catholic. I go to church at least once a week, sometimes more, and I help out anytime they have a fundraiser. I help out in the rectory a lot. I wanna be a priest one day."

This time no pretending. None whatsoever. Just a look of pure shock. Him? Religious?!! Impossible. It's not like he hung out with the rest of the religion freaks at our school. He hung out with the jocks, and I know it's not nice to label people. It's just easier to group people that way. Blow number two on the shock front.

"Aren't You?" he asked mostly accusingly, partly interested. As if most people at our school are religious. The people at our school are either anti-religious, like myself, or if they have a religion, they don't practice it. Unless it's Christmas or Hanukkah.

"No. I think religion was made up for a good reason, to explain things, but now that we know more about the world around us, it's an excuse to believe in something that doesn't exist. Science has broadened our horizons, excuse me for this, religion stupid. There's really no point to believe in it anymore. Sorry to offend you and your beliefs and whatnot, but I really don't see a point in believing in a guy in a dress in the sky." Clearly, I am a scientist at heart.

"Oh." He sounded disappointed, oddly enough. I knew he didn't like me, because I'm too big a dork for anyone to care. Maybe he did, but at this point I knew the relationship would not work out.

We sat there for a really long time, avoiding each others' eyes, looking at anything but each other. It took all my energy not to look at him, because how could you not look at a boy this cute? And by "this cute" I mean like William Beckett and Brendon Urie had a love child. He had Bill's smile, and UGH how could you NOT look at a boy with that smile!?

Sadly, I was quickly finding out he was not as great as Bill or Brendon, because of various reasons.

I helped him form the next paragraph about it, and we went on to the last subject: American ignorance. I think compared to the rest of the world, Americans are totally ignorant. I mean really. People in Europe and Africa speak at least 3 languages, sometimes more. That and the fact the media doesn't like telling us things that only affect the US and things that don't affect us they could care less about. Unless it's a natural disaster. It bothers me immensely that Americans are too lazy to learn another language, be it Spanish or French or even just FLUENT ENGLISH. I'm learning Japanese and Italian, which are luckily not related at all so it's super easy to not get them confused. I also watch BBC America as much as humanly possible to find out things on an international level, not just national.

He doesn't.

He doesn't even speak fluent English, as if that weren't enough. He only watches FOX and we all know how good a news source FOX is. He said he only watches it because the Simpsons are on right after the news, so yeah, good segue. As a news source for accuracy, it's about as helpful as an empty yogurt cup. MTV is a better news source than FOX.

I suddenly felt like the most gullible, vain person ever. In the history of the world, ever. Even more than Don Quixote.

Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot. HE DOESN'T KNOW WHO DON QUIXOTE IS.

I helped him finish his essay. His mother offered me dinner, but I politely declined. I had to get home, cry, and then blog. Nerds Are Us at our house. I had to let my webbies know about this.

I was completely and utterly disgusted with myself for being an idiot for so long. I felt like an ignoramus for not doing anything, finding out more about him and what he's about. I could not believe I had been so blind for such a long time. I sat there everyday in class, dreaming, hoping, waiting for him to ask me out. But no. Of course not.

My karma must be broken.

The next day at school, as we were handing in the essays, the essay I created, my second baby, he brushed up on me, bristled. Annoyed. Like he has the right to be annoyed. After he broke my heart like that? Really. He seriously has the right to be annoyed at me.

My best friend was talking at me, and I wasn't really listening. The hallway helped with that. I couldn't hear anything over the ruckus. It was like mini mosh pits all over the place, everyone pushing, yelling, wanting attention from their favorite person. And, with all their books, it hurt even more and it was even more like a madhouse.

Just like any other school day, except no dreams about him anymore. No more nervous breakdowns every time I got a blackhead, every time I got a stain on my clothing. No more thinking about him every five seconds, wondering whether or not I need to start flipping out because my hair is flipping out. I felt empty. I felt like I would never be happy again.

Maybe it was better this way. Maybe it was better not having him as a boyfriend.

Now, two weeks later, it doesn't hurt. I realize I was better off without him in the first place. Now, it's better to dream about a guy I've never met, and probably never will. It hurts less to think "I FREAKING LOVE YOU GABE SAPORTA" than "I love you" every five seconds. It's better this way, right?

Right?

Last edited by 21st century breakdown- on Fri 06 Mar 2009, 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : checked: breakdown.)
Jack Skellington
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690

http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

(c) An Un-love Story? [PG] Empty Re: (c) An Un-love Story? [PG]

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo Fri 06 Mar 2009, 6:37 am

You should write a book. :D

I like it. It's real.
Adrisole Q. Kazoo