I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dark Knight Essay

4 posters

Go down

The Dark Knight Essay Empty The Dark Knight Essay

Post by Jack Skellington Wed 14 Oct 2009, 8:49 am

So guys, this is one of the most bull-shitting things iIve ever written in my life LMFAOOO

Aside from that paper on the diversity of Brazil...

ANYWAY.
I had to write this for Survey Lit (which in normal speak is just first year of high school English lol@chu) and I thought I would like to share it with you.
you have pleased him

Just don't rip it apart. Dissect it all you want, just no brutality plz.

One indication of good literature, or in this case good film, is that it “rings true”- that it touches upon a topic or issue that the reader can identify in his or her on life or experience. One film selection that “rings true” for me The Dark Knight because of it's lessons of morality and being a martyr.
The movie speaks much of morality and how far someone will go for revenge. Bruce Wayne, also known as Batman, has an inward struggle with himself because of his parents' death. He blames himself for what happened, but he also is out to put all criminals in jail. He walks a fine line between being a public servant and being a public menace. Especially shown in this movie rather than Batman Begins is the idea that he may be more a public menace than a public servant- the Joker kills more and more people senselessly because he wants Batman to turn himself in for the “crimes” he has committed. By not turning himself in, he makes himself out to be a menace, when in reality, he is trying to stop the joker and his ridiculousness.
Another idea the movie explores is about being a martyr. In a way, Bruce Wayne is a martyr- he sacrifices lots of things to be a “hero”. One of the key lines in the movie is “You can either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” Of course, this line is said by the Joker in the final scenes of the movie. It brings up the argument can someone only be “doing good” for a short amount of time? Is it only possible for one to do good for all of a short time? That said, does one become the villain after a period of time? The issues brought up raise the moral question can martyrs live and be heroes or do they have to die first?
This movie is a good explanation of the human being because of the multiple aspects of humanism displayed in the film.

So yes.
Opinions?
Jack Skellington
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690

http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Dark Knight Essay Empty Re: The Dark Knight Essay

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo Wed 14 Oct 2009, 9:46 am

...my opinion is that this is why you go to the smart school
-applause- very nice, very nice C:
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2291

http://www.myspace.com/_tragic_with_a_capital_T_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheepy Wed 14 Oct 2009, 10:51 am

To be totally pedantic, wasn't it Harvey Dent who said the line "You can either die a hero...", in the restaurant scene where Wayne and some random russian chick "run into" Dent and Dawes on a date?

'Cause Dent is the perfect embodiment of that. He was Gotham's "White Knight". Then lost his image (literally) and his love interest, and became the Joker's greatest triumph by becoming a killer. It's like the Joker knew all along that Batman would never yield. So he made Dent fall.

And you should so obviously mention how utterly ridiculous Batman's voice was in the film, fer srs.

And this was SUCH A RAMBLE. Sorry, but it's like 6am and I haven't slept and now I just drunk a whooole lot of coke. HAI RITA^_^
Sheepy
Sheepy
New Recruit

Female
Number of posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Skellington Wed 14 Oct 2009, 5:09 pm

Whatever. They both said it. I remember the Joker said it at the very end when he was hanging upside down lol. lol@chu

And yes, his voice was totally ridic. LMFAOOO

AND TY JENNA. -loves-
Jack Skellington
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690

http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rolo Wed 14 Oct 2009, 6:18 pm

huh i thought his voice was pretty sexy!
i like this, you're good with essays.
rolo
rolo
Red Scare

Female
Number of posts : 931

http://rolomflurry.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Skellington Thu 15 Oct 2009, 5:00 am

Thanks Linzy. -loves-
Jack Skellington