I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today was an awesome day to be in Americaaa! ;D

2 posters

Go down

Today was an awesome day to be in Americaaa! ;D Empty Today was an awesome day to be in Americaaa! ;D

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo Wed 21 Jan 2009, 7:33 am

YES.

For once, I'm going to say it!

You know whyyy, dear members of IAR?

BUSH'S LAST DAY IN OFFICE! Oh, dear, it was amazing!

So, yeah, it was Barack Obama's inauguration day. I'm surprised there aren't journals on this yet, but, hey, the night isn't even over. lol@chu

The day started when the school intercom said that we would be following his inauguration from 10:00 - 12:00 AM/PM. Of course, our school's pretty cheap, so we have huge boxy TVs with rabbit ears. Two out of the four classrooms didn't have signal, rather just a noisy screen of blah and occasional picture.

We were in social studies when most of the people were talking, and our classroom was a room full of teenagers for Obama, minus one kid who was ~emoing over McCain. LOL@CHUUU So, obviously, our room was very loud. They were rapping the Obama song and stuff, hahah.

We were in writing (the most horrible TV ever) for his actual swearing-in. He was using Abraham Lincoln's bible, which hadn't been used since then, I believe. While repeating the oath, he stumbled on his words twice, but who's to blame him? This was the most historic and best-as-could-be opening for 2009, in my opinion. :')

Earlier, when I got home from school, I watched the parade. Around 9th avenue, in NY, they got out and walked for two or three blocks. Mrs. Obama in, like, just a dress and coat, and the President in a coat thing and a suit. True Chicagoans, right there, I tell you. They walked I think twice in, I think, 20 degree weather Fahrenheit (-6 Celsius, I think?) Then they went into the White House with the two girls and talked to people. (':

As of right now, I'm watching the Neighborhood Ball, and Mr. and Mrs. Obama just had their 'first dance as President and First Lady.' Omg, it was almost too adorable, youguys.

I'm really happy to be here right now. (': That part of the day was great.

Otherwise, our graduation pictures are tomorrow. I went out and bought a shirt at a place that doesn't let you try clothes on. It makes me look horrible and my hair looks like shit. So, I don't know about that. >_>

I'm going to close with a quote I just heard Ray Romano say on said Ball:

"It's like a mosh pit with tuxedos out there!"
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2291

http://www.myspace.com/_tragic_with_a_capital_T_

Back to top Go down

Today was an awesome day to be in Americaaa! ;D Empty Re: Today was an awesome day to be in Americaaa! ;D

Post by Jack Skellington Wed 21 Jan 2009, 7:42 am

LOL I know!
Today, I can proudly say I'm American, unlike the past 8.
Jack Skellington
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690

http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Today was an awesome day to be in Americaaa! ;D Empty Re: Today was an awesome day to be in Americaaa! ;D

Post by Adrisole Q. Kazoo Wed 21 Jan 2009, 7:43 am

I know!

Thank you Obamaaa! 8D
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Adrisole Q. Kazoo
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 2291

http://www.myspace.com/_tragic_with_a_capital_T_

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Skellington Wed 21 Jan 2009, 7:45 am

"It's like a mosh pit with tuxedos out there!"
I freaking love Ray Romano.
Dude, we watched it on the CNN website.
CNN fails epically.
Jack Skellington
Jack Skellington
Crusader

Female
Number of posts : 3690

http://ritaskellington.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down