I am Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(c) A Simple Moment.

Go down

(c) A Simple Moment. Empty (c) A Simple Moment.

Post by Smile, Lovely Sun 01 Mar 2009, 3:53 pm

One-Shot
PG-13

My yellow fingernails scratched at nothing, and all I could see was static. Little blisters of light that were blinding my eyes to the point where I could barely see colour at all. Smoke curved around me like scarves and my teeth couldn’t stay quiet because of the fear. My jaw locked trying to say the names of the people I loved, it seemed my mother was right. I couldn’t bring my loved ones down with me. It looked like this was the way the world would end. No breaths, no last minute saviours, just all consuming confusion, lined with static and the inability to feel anything. For a moment, the scene seems to freeze, and the sights slide to another channel that played memories of childhood, from a life beginning to end. I knew this, but all I could feel was the false euphoria of being in my own backyard. Of a place that was blue instead of black, gold instead of red, and where my skin warmed with sweat, instead of melting because of the flames. Where the sensation on my hands could be fingertips, leaves, eyelashes....anything that was soft and incapable of causing me pain. During this moment, I wasn’t fearing death, but was feverishly hoping for Heaven, and praying that if God knew anything at all, then He would understand that satisfaction came not from good deeds and the avoidance of sin, but was from the lovely sensation of feeling nothing, and the joy that would arise because of the simple presence of ice.

Last edited by Gutless, I wonder? on Mon 02 Mar 2009, 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : checked. chester)
Smile, Lovely
Smile, Lovely
New Recruit

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down